PLENTIFUL SUPPLY IMPACTS PEAK TiO2 SEASON
- Capacity boosts on hold amid demand concerns. Cornitius, Tim // Chemical Week;5/3/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 17, p29
Reports on the developments in the methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) market in the United States. Absence of expansion plans; Impact of government actions; Prediction for an increase in demand for MTBE.
- Early turns tighten Asian market. McElligott, Suzanne // Chemical Week;8/21/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 32, p50
Reports on the tight supply of methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) in Asia. Increase in demand; Plans of Japanese buyers to push up inventories ahead of the producer downtime in September and October 1996; Stable methanol spot prices.
- MTBE market matures and stabilizes. Link, Janet // Chemical Market Reporter;11/23/98, Vol. 254 Issue 21, p5
Reports that DeWitt & Co. forecasted a need for additional capacity for methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE) industries in the United States, due to its expected market growth by the year 2005. Growth in MTBE consumption in the country in the 1990s resulting from requirements to meet mandated...
- Producers Mull Options if MTBE Is Banned. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/9/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the impact of the pending ban on methyl tertiary-butyl ether (MTBE) in North America on the assets of MTBE producers. View that foreign producers will be the biggest losers in the MTBE ban; Options of producers for their facilities which depend on the process of producing MTBE.
- MTBE demand should keep market snug. Cornitius, Tim // Chemical Week;8/16/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the market conditions for methyl tertbutyl ether (MTBE). Drop in spot price; Expected price in fall 1995 resulting from the winter reformulated gasoline program; Increase in demand; Domestic production.
- MTBE production is likely to increase in South Korea. // Chemical Business;Jan1996, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p86
Reports on the increase in production of methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE) in South Korea due to companies' plan to add capacity. Regulations for all gasoline to contain two percent oxygen by weight by the end of 1998; Companies that have planned additional MTBE capacity for 1996.
- Asian MTBE prices under pressure. // Chemical Business;Feb99, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p87
Reports on the status of the Asian methyl t-butyl ether (MTBE) market. Drop in the global prices of MTBE; Reason behind the drop in MTBE prices in the United States; Closure of Saudi European Petrochemical Company's plant.
- Worldwide demand boosts MTBE prices. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;8/22/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the increase in prices of methyl tertiary-butyl ether (MTBE) which has provided record margins for producers. Growth in European demand for MTBE; Strong demand for higher octane components for gasoline blending which have given Europe increased influenced in MTBE pricing.
- Asian chems watch US MTBE. // Asian Chemical News;4/28/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 399, p9
Reports that some petrochemical producers in Asia are watching the methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE) situation in California as of April 2003. Reason behind the move; Uses of MTBE; Decision of oil companies to switch from MTBE to ethanol.