Tightness makes Asian xylene hop
- Producers protect hikes. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;10/20/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2073, p10
Reports on the goal of European polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) producers to protect price gains made in the third quarter until the end of 2003. Views of the producers on the current productions economics; Price of raw material methyl methacrylate in the second quarter; Significance of the...
- Irrational Capacity Expansion Leads to Abnormal Price Fluctuations of 7-ADCA. // China Chemical Reporter;8/16/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p19
The article reports that the price increase of penicillin industrial salts led to a price rise of 7-aminodeacetoxy (ADCA) in China in 2008. The market price of 7-ADCA increased to about RMB680 per kilogram in April 2008. According to the article, the price trend of 7-ADCA is closely related to...
- European PS Prices Still Have Steam. Morris, Gregory DL // Chemical Week;9/26/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 32, p62
Reports on the performance of polystyrene (PS) contract prices as of September 29, 2004. Expectation of polystyrene producers on price increases for PS in the fourth quarter of 2004; Reasons for the sharp price increases in September 2004; Information on PS operating rates.
- Price movements. Lerner, Ivan // Chemical Market Reporter;9/26/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 10, p34
Presents a list of price change announcement of several chemical companies. Increase in global prices of Albermarle Corp.'s hydroprocessing catalysts products by 6 percent; Rise in price for BASF's all grades of Neol neopentylglycol by 5 cent per pound; Growth in price for Eka Chemicals AB's...
- Plant Outages Boost Asian Ethylene Prices. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;6/11/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 21, p29
Reports on an increase in ethylene spot prices in Asia for the first half of 2003 due to unplanned outages coincided with strong demand. Range of price increases; Plan of Sanyo Petrochemical to restart its plant; Schedule of maintenance turnarounds; Increase in other chemical prices.
- Prices impacting prices. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;2/12/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 6, p42
The article discusses the impact of benzene on the increased prices of hydrocarbon-based chemicals in the U.S. U.S. spot prices on polyvinyl chloride were holding steady on the back of increasing demand after a prolonged decline that started in September 2006. Delivered spot prices continued to...
- April Ethylene Contract Negotiations Deadlock on Margin Concerns. Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;6/2/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 17, p11
The article reports that ethylene contract talks continued in May 2008 as a delayed settlement for April contracts has market players negotiating a two-month deal. Producers had nominated price increases of 5 centavos/pound for both April and May contracts, sources say. Ethylene supply has...
- Producers Seek Another Caustic Soda Hike. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;10/12/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 33, p36
This article reports the increase of caustic soda prices as of October 2005. Chlor-alkali producers have announced a $75/ton hike on caustic soda, in addition to the $50/ton increase announced for October, citing tight supply. Spot caustic soda prices have jumped more than $150/ton in the past...
- North American Producers Plan More Hefty Increases. Morris, Gregory D. L. // Chemical Week;11/2/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 36, p25
Reports on the plan of polymer producers to propose price increases in the fourth quarter of 2005 in the U.S. Proposed price of polymers; Expected price increases in November; Outlook for the implementation of the proposal.