BASF pumps up THF output in Ludwigshafen
- BASF Plans THF and PolyTHF Investment in China. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/1/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 18, p17
Reports the plan of chemical producer BASF to build an integrated plant which will produce tetrahydrofuran (THF) and polyTHF in Caojing, China. Feasibility study conducted on the plant; Production capacity of the company; Discussion on different chemical products of the company.
- â€¦ AND BASF AIMS TO EXPAND KOREAN MDI PLANT BY 60 KTPA. // Urethanes Technology International;Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the move of BASF SE to expand its industrial capacity of methylene diphenyl diisocyanate for 60 kilotonnes per annum (ktpa) at its Yeosu plant in South Korea.
- Green light for BASF cracker. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;9/5/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2161, p23
Reports on the decision of BASF to expand its naphtha cracker plant in Antwerp, Belgium in autumn 2007. Cost of the project; Expected capacity of the expanded plant; Factors that contributed to the decision of BASF to expand.
- INORGANIC PIGMENTS. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;2/6/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 5, p14
Reports that BASF will close its lead chromate pigments plants in Brazil and Indonesia by the end of March 2002, citing decreased worldwide demand. Other plants of the company which would supply the global market after the shutdown; Annual production capacity of the Brazil plant; Annual...
- BASF to expand its compounding capacity for the engineering plastics Ultramid and Ultradur in Europe. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jul2011, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p60
The article reveals the plan of BASF to expand compounding capacities for the engineering plastics Ultramid and Ultradur at its Schwarzheide, Germany site by 10,000 metric tons annually.
- BASF RESTARTS THF PLANT IN CHINA. // Urethanes Technology International;Oct/Nov2007, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the reopening of the mothballed tetrahydrofuran (THF) plant of BASF at Caojing site in China. The plant was closed in the first quarter of 2006 because of a salt leak. The re-opened facility is now equipped with a new production unit making it possible to use butanediol...
- BASF: new PolyTHF plant in China. // Chemical Fibers International;Apr2005, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p94
Ludwigshafen, Germany-based chemical company BASF AG has started up its new polytetrahydrofuran plant at the integrated production site at the Shanghai Chemical Industrial Park in Caojing, China. A new proprietary technology for tetrahydrofuran production is being used by BASF in Caojing. In...
- BASF to Close Korean BDO and THF Complex. // Chemical Week;1/19/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the permanent closure of BASF's 1,4-butanediol (BDO) and tetrahydrofuran (THF) manufacturing complex in Ulsan, Korea. The company's downstream polyTHF plant in Ulsan will continue to operate using feedstock supplied from BASF's global network. The BDO-THF complex employs...
- New lab for PolyTHF in China. // Chemical Fibers International;Dec2007, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p314
The article reports on plan of BASF AG to open an application laboratory for polytetrahydrofuran (PolyTHF) in Shanghai, China. The objective of the company is to improve technical services in the region and is expected to operate at the end of 2007. PolyTHF is used in the production of elastane...