Playing a different game
- Playing a different game. Boswell, Clay // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/14/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 19, p22
The article focuses on the trend that while cosmetics companies have consolidated, manufacturers for ingredients of cosmetics and personal care have moved more slowly, making smaller strategic acquisitions to broaden out their portfolios. International Specialty Products, Cognis and Croda have...
- Small But Steady M&A Activity Continues. Phillips, Kate // Chemical Week;5/16/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 17, p26
This article assesses the state of the personal care industry as of May 16, 2007. It explains that there has been some merger and acquisition activities among suppliers to the personal care industry, but not as much as there has been among their customers, according to Gillian Morris, analyst at...
- Eye of the Beholder: Private Equity Players See Bonanza in Beauty. Prior, Molly // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/23/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 41, p1
The article focuses on the trend of private equity activity in the beauty industry in the U.S. The influx of private equity funds is driving valuations up, prompting a number of large companies to delay acquisitions. According to William Susman of investment banking firm Financo Inc., the beauty...
- TRADE TALK. // Cosmetics & Toiletries;Aug2006, Vol. 121 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the plan of Croda International PLC to acquire Uniqema, an oleochemicals division of Imperial Chemical Industries. Significance of the proposed acquisition to the operations of Croda International according to Kevin Gallagher, president of Croda Inc. and Sederma Inc.; Value of the...
- Ashland Acquires ISP. Noto, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/6/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p15
The article discusses the International Specialty Products Inc. (ISP) and Ashland Inc. merger. ISP, the chemicals company was acquired by Ashland for 3.2 billion dollars in cash. Such deal is expected to broaden Ashland's place in the personal care and pharmaceutical products sector. Part of the...
- Merging to Create Synergy. // Global Cosmetic Industry;Nov2007, Vol. 175 Issue 11, p10
The article focuses on a May 2006 report about merger and acquisition activity (M&A) in the U.S. personal care industry released by the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. It cites the analysis of Professor Bruno Cassiman about the impact of the M&A on the industry's research and...
- BASF TO SPEND ï¿½700 ON COGNIS DEAL. // Urethanes Technology International;Aug/Sep2010, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p7
The article reports that BASF SE is planning to acquire specialty chemicals company Cognis GmbH for an equity purchase price of 860 million dollars.
- BASF Closes Cognis Deal. // Journal of Protective Coatings & Linings;Jan2011, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p5
The article reports on the 4.1 billion dollars acquisition completed by BASF SE of German specialty chemicals company Cognis GmbH in the U.S. in 2011.
- BASF buys Cognis. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jul/Aug2010, Issue 829/830, p10
The article announces the acquisition by BASF of specialty chemicals company Cognis.