CAN THE PHILIPPINES BIOFUELS LAW WOO DRIVERS?
- BCAP FINAL RULE BETTER BUT NOT PERFECT. // BioCycle;Dec2010, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the enactment of the Biomass Crop Assistance Program (BCA) as part of the 2008 Farm Bill Energy Title in the U.S.
- France told to put brake on biofuels. Butler, Declan // Nature;8/29/1996, Vol. 382 Issue 6594, p743
Relates the criticism levied by the French Academy of Sciences against the government's legislative plan to curb traffic pollution by adding biofuels to conventional fuels. The academy's view that use of these oxygenated compounds as fuel additives may create as may problems as it solves.
- Fuel additives put under scrutiny--again. Reichhardt, Tony // Nature;1/14/1999, Vol. 397 Issue 6715, p96
Reports that the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has requested its fourth study of the effects of oxygenates added to vehicle fuel. Use of oxygenates being controversial since 1990; Details about previous studies; Question of whether oxygenates actually reduce carbon...
- Biofuels win in session. CORNISH, SCOTT // Corridor Business Journal;6/17/2013, Vol. 9 Issue 46, p22
The author focuses on the approval of the House File 640 by the Iowa's Legislative Assembly which guarantees the practice of blending biofuel products locally.
- U.S. needs to develop 'broad portfolio' of energy sources. Hutchison, Kay Bailey // East Bernard Express (TX);5/8/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 19, p4
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the legislative bills in the U.S. Congress that focused on biofuels.
- Industry supports biomass lobby to government. // Cabinet Maker;5/3/2013, Issue 5835, p10
The article reports that several furniture industry figures, including the Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA), British Furniture Confederation (BFC), and Greenpeace, supports a lobby on Great Britain's Energy Bill to limit the range of biomass.
- EU closer to limiting crop-based biofuels. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Aug2013, Issue 866, p62
The article reports that the Environment Committee of the European Parliament has approved the draft legislation that will cap the proportion of first generation biofuel in transport fuel at 5.5 percent.
- Poll: Put unlicensed drivers in jail. L.J. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/24/96, Vol. 43 Issue 26, p56
Reports on the finding by the publication `This Week' that 92 percent of survey respondents in the Long Island, New York area believe that drivers who are convicted of driving with a suspended or revoked license should receive mandatory jail time.
- Entry-level driver training discussed. Bontz, Rita // Overdrive;Jan97, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p9
Reports on a November 13, 1996 hearing held by the Department of Transportation to determine whether the government should require training for entry-level truck and bus drivers. Setting of standards for driver training as the responsibility of the industry, according to industry...