Rubber cartel probed
- Rubber cartel probed. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/14/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 19, p17
The article reports on the antitrust investigation started by the European Commission for an alleged chloroprene rubber cartel. The Commission already sent a Statement of Objections to the companies that are suspected of participating in the cartel. In response, the accused firms are required to...
- EC targets alleged BR cartel. // Rubber & Plastics News;6/27/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p7
This article reports that the European Commission has sent several European producers of polybutadiene rubber a statement of objections, alleging participation in a cartel, according to one producer. A legal spokesman for Bayer AG confirmed that the company had received a letter, and that it...
- EC fines chloroprene cartel â‚¬243 million. Shaw, David // European Rubber Journal;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 190 Issue 1, p14
The article reports that the European Commission (EC) has fined producers of chloroprene rubber â‚¬243.2 million for market sharing and price fixing. Bayer, Denka, DuPont, Dow, ENI and Tosoh groups have been fined for participating in a cartel for chloroprene rubber in the European Economic...
- Access to File under European Competition Law. Vandenborre, Ingrid; Goetz, Thorsten; Kafetzopoulos, Andreas // Journal of European Competition Law & Practice;Dec2016, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p641
The article focuses on judgments that address the right of damage claimants to access the European Commission's file in antitrust cases and the type of information the Commission may include in the public version of its cartel decision.
- Status quo and prospects of development for China synthetic rubber industry. Wu Dihua // Rubber World;Sep98, Vol. 218 Issue 6, p17
Assesses the performance of the synthetic rubber industry in China. Production of chloroprene rubber, styrene-butadiene and acrylonitrile-butadiene rubber; Production capacity; Consumption; Research and development.
- Asia dominates in natural rubber over synthetic rubber. // Rubber World;May2014, Vol. 250 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the dominance of Asia in the natural rubber (NR) industry compared to the synthetic rubber (SR) industry.
- Western Europe drives synthetic rubber growth. // Chemical Business;Jan1998, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p83
Reports on the projected growth of synthetic rubber consumption in Western Europe, by year 2002. Consumption in 1997; Impact of the relocation of the tire industry to Central Europe; Demand growth rate for ethylene propylene rubber and nitrile solid rubber.
- Worldwide use of synthetic rubber to grow by 3.4%. // Rubber World;May2000, Vol. 222 Issue 2, p116
Forecasts the growth of worldwide use of synthetic rubber in 2000. Statistics released by the International Institute of Synthetic Rubber Producers; Consumption in 1999; Latex material consumption.
- Worldwide use of synthetic rubber to grow by 2%. // Rubber World;Mar99, Vol. 219 Issue 6, p13
Presents forecasts on the synthetic rubber (SR) industry for 1999. Increase in worldwide consumption by two percent; Average growth rate through 2003; Ethylene propylene rubber as the fastest-growing segment in the industry; Expectation of all geographic regions to show gains in SR use.