Solvay results exceed expectations
- Solvay/BP strike hdPE deal. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;11/8/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2123, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Solvay for the third quarter of 2004. Increase in the company's third quarter recurring earnings before interest and tax; Profits from plastics posted by the company; Decline in the company's profits in the first nine months of the year.
- Solvay achieves 45% rise in third quarter earnings. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;11/8/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2123, p8
Reports on the financial performance of Solvay as of the third quarter of 2004. Factors that contributed to the increase in the company's third quarter recurring earnings before interest and tax; Profits posted by the company from its plastics division from January through September 2004;...
- Solvay warns of weaker H1. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;6/9/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2056, p7
Predicts the decline in the corporate earnings of chemical company Solvay for the first quarter of 2003.
- Earnings Rise in Europe on Improved Demand and Prices. // Chemical Week;5/16/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 13, p15
The article discusses the earnings of chemical companies in Europe in the first quarter of 2011. The volumes of Lanxess rose 12% while selling prices also increased 15%. Sales and profits at Ebitda increased across all businesses, lead by the performance polymers segment. The author shares that...
- Slowdown Starts to Take Its Toll On European Chemical Earnings. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;11/3/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 34, p17
The article reports that most Europe-based chemical companies reported declines in 2008 third-quarter net profits due to softening demand, high raw material costs, and the weakness of the U.S. dollar. The net profit of BASF fell 37% compared with the third quarter of last year, to â‚¬758...
- Solvay's first-quarter net income up 44% YOY. // Chemical Week;5/4/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 13, p5
The article reports on the 44% year-on-year growth of the net adjusted income of chemicals company Solvay SA in the first quarter of 2015.
- European Chemical Profits Improve on Strong Demand. WALSH, KERRI; YOUNG, IAN // Chemical Week;10/25/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 26, p19
The article reports on the strong financial performance of chemical companies in Europe in the third quarter of 2010. The growth in the European chemical companies' sales and earnings were attributed to improved demand, volumes and improved selling prices. However, the article reveals that...
- Solvay Group SWOT Analysis. // Solvay Group SWOT Analysis;Feb2006, p1
Presents an overview of Solvay Group SA, a Brussels, Belgium-based chemical company which is engaged in manufacturing and supply of basic and intermediate chemicals and petrochemicals; plastic and fiber; pharmaceuticals and specialty chemicals. Company overview, including revenues generated in...
- SWOT Analysis. // Solvay Group SWOT Analysis;Feb2006, p6
Provides a business analysis of Solvay Group SA, a Brussels, Belgium-based chemical company which is engaged in manufacturing and supply of basic and intermediate chemicals and petrochemicals; plastic and fiber; pharmaceuticals and specialty chemicals, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses,...