A Mighty Wind
- Wind and Water. // Government Technology;Aug2009, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p10
Photographs of an offshore wind farm in Denmark are presented.
- Electric storm. Firth, Niall // Engineer (00137758);5/22/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 7700, p18
The article discusses the two projects in Europe that will fill the power energy gap in Great Britain. The Upwind energy research project involves 100 wind energy specialists throughout Europe to check on the design and engineering issues of the project. The second energy project proposed by the...
- Wind Farms Go the Distance. Gale, Sarah Fister // PM Network;Apr2013, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses the influx of capital on Europe's wind-farm industry driven by its member states' aggressive renewable-energy targets, green-house gas emission reduction goals and limited land resources. Great Britain's water surroundings provide a geographic advantage making it the leader...
- Wind of change. Sell, Christopher // Engineer (00137758);3/11/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 7670, p35
Reports on a Spanish project's use of a computer software that is usually associated with the aerodynamic design of car bodies and boat hulls to simulate on-site conditions for more cost-efficient wind farms. Spain's national renewable energy center's (CENER) application of wind calculation...
- XI. Offshore wind power - The New Frontier. // Wind Power Report;2006, Vol. 3, p149
The article discusses the nature of offshore wind power and off-shore wind farms in Europe. Wind farms employ off-shore wind power because of higher wind speeds, lower turbulence and the reduction of their impact on landscape. The problems associated with the development of off-shore wind farm...
- Probabilistic Method of Wind Generation Placement for Congestion Management. Moussavi, S. Z.; Badri, A.; Kashkooli, F. Rastegar // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;Aug2011, Issue 56, p1288
Wind farms (WFs) with high level of penetration are being established in power systems worldwide more rapidly than other renewable resources. The Independent System Operator (ISO), as a policy maker, should propose appropriate places for WF installation in order to maximize the benefits for the...
- Wind Resistance. Weeks, Jennifer // Onearth;Fall2005, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p6
Discusses two proposals for offshore wind farms along the U.S. coastline. Potential benefits of harnessing wind energy; Key objections to Cape Wind, a proposed project in Nantucket Sound, off the coast of Massachusetts; Proactive approach taken by local renewable-energy advocates in Long, New...
- WIND POWER. // Renewable Energy Report;2006, Vol. 2, p55
Presents information on wind power, one of the renewable energy resources. Global installed capacity of wind turbines by the end of 2004; Wind power market in Europe; Environmental considerations for wind power.
- MoD's stance on wind farms 'too restrictive'. // Professional Engineering;3/10/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the restrictive stance on wind farms, taken by the Ministry of Defense (MoD) of UK. Objection to build onshore windfarms; Impact on generating energy from renewable sources; Issue of compromising security systems and safety of aircraft pilots.