- TimePlay to spend Â£250k on UK interactive cinema launch. // Marketing Week;2/14/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p12
The article reports that the U.S.-based TimePlay Entertainment, a company that exclusively provides interactive content for cinemas, has planned to launch in Great Britain. The launch's concept means that cinemas could allow audiences to use hand-held game controllers to interact with content,...
- Games people play. Slater, jim // Cinema Technology;Mar2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p14
The article provides information on the TimePlay Entertainment games which are offered as alternative business at Odeon Covent Garden in England. Accordingly, TimePlay's executive for operations Steve Rice has explained the interactive mechanics and the advantages of TimePlay games that attract...
- Four times the charm. Hornaday, Cole // Boxoffice;Aug2011, Vol. 147 Issue 8, p16
The article offers information on Paul Glantz, founder of the company Emagine. It states that he bought his first theater in rural Michigan and called it Clarkston Cinema. Glantz and the company opened their first built-from-the-ground-up movie theater called Cinema Hollywood in Birch Run,...
- DISCOVERIES. // Current Science;2/24/2012, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p15
The article presents information on digitization of motion picture theater.
- Down Under wonder. Zion, Lawrie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/3/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 46, p14
The article focuses on Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI) in Melbourne, Victoria, a venue for screening of motion pictures. The goal of ACMI is to become a place where the moving image can be experienced in all its forms. With dedicated spaces for exhibitions, production and outdoor...
- Theater biz model changes its focus, then changes again. Halcom, Chad // Crain's Detroit Business;6/29/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p3
The article discusses trends in the business operations of film theater owners in Detroit, Michigan. Topics explored include the outlook issued by Emagine Entertainment Inc. chairman Paul Glantz for moviegoing in downtown Detroit, the business model and marketing strategy of MJR Theatres Inc.,...
- Theater ads going digital. Price, Mike // Fort Worth Business Press;10/31/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p22
Reports on a Digital Theater Distribution System (DTDS) that will be installed by National Cinema Network in Forth Worth and Dallas, Texas to change pre-show advertising segments as of October 31, 2003. Traditional approach used in the pre-show advertising segments of movie theaters; Features...
- Movies Going Digital. // Current Science;2/24/2012, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p14
The article presents information on digitization of old reel-to-reel projectors in U.S. movie theaters.
- Projector Maker Awaits Movies Move to Digital. Cruz, Sherri // Orange County Business Journal;9/15/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p1
Reports that Christie Digital Systems Inc. has started making digital projectors for several movie theaters in the U.S. Worth of the company's sales for the year 2002; Usability of the digital product; Number of theaters in the U.S. using digital projectors for movies.