- VC firms target high-tech busts. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p21
Reports that many high technology companies that were initially funded at the top of the market in 1999 and 2000 are being recapitalized or restored with new business models, as U.S. venture capitalists select those with the most promising technology and the least risk.
- China's Lucky Pai Seeks $25M Second Round. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;2/26/2008, p2
The article reports that home-shopping network Lucky Pai will solicit bids from investors for its second institutional round worth $25 to $30 million. According to Eric O'Brien, member of Lucky Pai's board of directors and general partner at investor Lightspeed Venture Partners, Lucky Pai is...
- EDA Startup Secures $9M in Funding. // Electronic News;5/31/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 22, pN.PAG
Reports on the first-round venture capital funding closed by Golden Gate Technology Inc. (GGT) with an investment by Lightspeed Venture Partners and Horizon Ventures. Business focus of GGT; Executives who joined the company's board of directors as part of the funding activity; Features of the...
- Nutanix raises $33 Million in Series C Round of funding. // Siliconindia;Oct2012, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p12
The article reports that Nutanix has obtained $33 million Series C financing from investors Lightspeed Venture Partners and Khosla Ventures.
- Unambiguous perspective on an ambiguous future. Waitman, Andrew // National Capital Scan;May2008, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p11
The article discusses how technology entrepreneurs in Canada can raise money from U.S. venture investors. The author says that the key to generating later stage funding from these investors is reducing ambiguity and maximizing impregnable value-creation facts. According to him, start-up...
- Venturing beyond their own back yards. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p19
Focuses on the out-of-state deals of some venture capital (VC) firms in Indiana. Efforts of venture capitalists to seek the most attractive potential deals; Concentration most VC firms within a particular industry or field of expertise for their particular partners; Reasons some out-of-state VC...
- Venture capital funds show gains again. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p25
Reports on one-year average gain generated by U.S. venture capital funds in the 12 months through March 2004. Average loss; Survey by research firm Thomson Venture Economics and the lobby group National Venture Capital Association; Guide to changes in venture capital returns.
- Investor's Powder Stays Dry as a Bone. McKnight, Marshall // njbiz;5/12/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p6
Presents statistics on venture capitalists investments in New Jersey during the first quarter of 2003. Total amount of investments for the period; Number of companies which received investments; Difficulty facing companies searching for funds.
- Tech VCs: from venture to vulture capital. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;June 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p82
Reports that some venture capitalists are reconsidering their involvement with technology investments. Management changes at Bamboo Investments due to performance issues; Exit of Henderson Private Equity from the technology sector; Takeover speculation involving New Media Spark; Anticipation of...