A Better Water Filter
- Reversing water pollution. // Better Homes & Gardens;July97, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p102
Advices homeowners with a poor water system to invest in a reverse-osmosis filtering system. How reverse-osmosis works; Reference to a system used to extract salt out of sea water; Price range of the system.
- Pack 'er up carefully. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Dec95, Issue 517, p42
Offers tips and reminders on how to make a good loadout after the completion of a water purification job using a reverse osmosis water purification unit (ROWPU).
- Key issues for improving the design and operation of spiral-wound membrane modules in desalination plants. Karabelas, Anastasios J. // Desalination & Water Treatment;Feb2014, Vol. 52 Issue 10-12, p1820
Spiral-wound membrane (SWM) modules are the most important components of reverse osmosis and nanofiltration desalination and water treatment plants; their optimum design and operation is crucial for achieving satisfactory membrane plant efficiency associated with reduced product cost and...
- Protect Panel Covers. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun2000, Issue 571, p56
Considers the installation of protective panel covers for 3000-GPH trailer-mounted reverse osmosis water purification units. Equipment that can be maintained from installing the covers.
- Erratum. // American Fern Journal;Jul-Sep2014, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p179
A correction to the article â€œCultivation Techniques for Terrestrial Clubmosses (Lycopodiaceae): Conservation, Research, and Horticultural Opportunities for an Early-Diverging Plant Lineage" that was published in the Aprilâ€“June 2014 issue is presented.
- WATER TREATMENT AND FILTRATION OPTIONS. Vries, Glenda Dekkema-de // Cottage Magazine;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p18
The article discusses water filtration solutions for cottage wells. It notes that the presence of contaminants from well water can be reduced through filtration systems like carbon filters, reverse osmosis systems, and ultraviolet disinfection. Cottages can also install point-of-use water...
- Removal of polysaccharide foulants from reverse osmosis feedwater using electroadsorptive cartridge filters. Komlenic, R.; Berman, T.; Brant, J. A.; Dorr, B.; El-Azizi, I.; Mowers, Heather // Desalination & Water Treatment;Jan2013, Vol. 51 Issue 4-6, p1050
Fouling of reverse osmosis (RO) water filtration membranes is a common problem throughout the industry. Most membrane fouling has an organic component that is typically derived from planktonic transparent exopolymer particles (TEP). Polysaccharides are a major constituent of TEP that are...
- Desalination Decisions. Brett, Jen // Cruising World;2/1/2015, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p60
The article offers the author's insights on the importance of installation of watermaker in crusing boats. Topics discussed include various methods involved in watermaking such as desalination and reverse osmosis, the importance of drinking water during offshore sailing, and the factors that...
- Caster filtration for continuous-cast copper rod. Spence, Gary L. // Wire Journal International;Oct2010, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p94
The article discusses the importance of the quality and cleanliness of the water use in the continuous casting machines for copper products. It mentions that contamination of rinse water, which cooled the solidified bar, by carbon and oil used in the caster wheels results in corrosion of...