A Better Water Filter
- Reversing water pollution. // Better Homes & Gardens;July97, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p102
Advices homeowners with a poor water system to invest in a reverse-osmosis filtering system. How reverse-osmosis works; Reference to a system used to extract salt out of sea water; Price range of the system.
- Pack 'er up carefully. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Dec95, Issue 517, p42
Offers tips and reminders on how to make a good loadout after the completion of a water purification job using a reverse osmosis water purification unit (ROWPU).
- Key issues for improving the design and operation of spiral-wound membrane modules in desalination plants. Karabelas, Anastasios J. // Desalination & Water Treatment;Feb2014, Vol. 52 Issue 10-12, p1820
Spiral-wound membrane (SWM) modules are the most important components of reverse osmosis and nanofiltration desalination and water treatment plants; their optimum design and operation is crucial for achieving satisfactory membrane plant efficiency associated with reduced product cost and...
- Protect Panel Covers. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun2000, Issue 571, p56
Considers the installation of protective panel covers for 3000-GPH trailer-mounted reverse osmosis water purification units. Equipment that can be maintained from installing the covers.
- Erratum. // American Fern Journal;Jul-Sep2014, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p179
A correction to the article â€œCultivation Techniques for Terrestrial Clubmosses (Lycopodiaceae): Conservation, Research, and Horticultural Opportunities for an Early-Diverging Plant Lineage" that was published in the Aprilâ€“June 2014 issue is presented.
- Olive mill waste water (OMWW) treatment by diafiltration. Gkoutsidis, Paschalis E.; Petrotos, Konstantinos B.; Kokkora, Maria I.; Tziortziou, Athanasia D.; Christodouloulis, Konstantinos; Goulas, Panagiotis // Desalination & Water Treatment;Jun2011, Vol. 30 Issue 1-3, p237
The present work studied the feasibility of diafiltration for processing olive mill waste water (OMWW). An experimental apparatus, consisted of a tubular membrane accommodation module, a controlled temperature raw material stock tank and a positive displacement pump, was developed to investigate...
- Application-Specific Resins Purify Lab Water. Filterworks, Aries // Laboratory Equipment;Sep2013, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p38
The article offers information on the multiple water purification methods for laboratories as they require pure water which includes ion exchange technology, reverse osmosis and electrodeionization. It discusses several facts which includes consideration of ion exchange technology as the best...
- WATER TREATMENT AND FILTRATION OPTIONS. Vries, Glenda Dekkema-de // Cottage Magazine;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p18
The article discusses water filtration solutions for cottage wells. It notes that the presence of contaminants from well water can be reduced through filtration systems like carbon filters, reverse osmosis systems, and ultraviolet disinfection. Cottages can also install point-of-use water...
- Water defluoridation using nanofiltration vs. reverse osmosis: the first world unit, Thiadiaye (Senegal). Pontie, Maxime; Dach, Hanane; Lhassani, Abdekhaadi; Diawara, Courfia Kéba // Desalination & Water Treatment;Jan2013, Vol. 51 Issue 1-3, p164
The possibility of producing drinking water from brackish groundwater polluted with F- using nanofiltration (NF) process was previously studied at a pilot scale. Brackish groundwaters were taken from the south of Morocco (Tan Tan city) and from the center west of Senegal (Thiadiaye City). The...