- Tech firms put on their best for meeting with investors. Brannon, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p4
Highlights the venture capital festival hosted by the Louisiana Technology Council for the high technology industry in New Orleans, Louisiana. Strategies of executives and entrepreneurs for attracting company investors; Number of companies participating in the event; Issues on the lack of...
- Finagling the funding. Leon, Mark // InfoWorld;06/12/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p30
Focuses on the attitudes of venture capitalists (VC) in investing in high technology industries. Profile of Geoffrey Yang, a VC at Redpoint Ventures; Importance of establishing credibility among VC; Experiences of some VC. INSETS: THE INSIDE SCOOP ON PITCHING YOUR IDEA;WHAT DO VCs LOOK FOR?.
- VENTURE CAPITALISTS NOW SERVICE PROVIDERS. Woelflein, Mike // ColoradoBiz;Mar2001, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p76
Explains that venture capitalists have started to target the service sector of the computer software industry. Customer service focus of venture capitalists; Importance of capital investments among startup companies in the service sector.
- VC firms target high-tech busts. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p21
Reports that many high technology companies that were initially funded at the top of the market in 1999 and 2000 are being recapitalized or restored with new business models, as U.S. venture capitalists select those with the most promising technology and the least risk.
- Venture Capital Cycle, Opportunities, and Challenges in China. Hung-gay Fung; Qingfeng Liu; Maggie Xiaoqin Shen // Chinese Economy;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p28
The venture capital industry in China has been developing rapidly since the early 1990s and venture capital has been playing a more and more important role in the development of small and medium-sized businesses, particularly those in the high-tech industry. The authorities recently adopted more...
- City leaders take step in right direction. // Inside Tucson Business;06/19/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p4
Editorial. Lauds and supports an effort by city leaders to identify angel investors and venture capitalists to invest in local technology companies in Tucson, Arizona. Big step to high-tech development in the city; Need for investors' commitment to the community.
- Part Two: Market Potential: Technology Venture Capital. Loboyko, Serhiy // Doing Business with Ukraine;2005, p156
The article focuses on investor interest in the high technology sector in Ukraine. Venture capital and private equity in this sector started to emerge in 1990 and is still further developing. The sector is led by venture capital company TECHINVEST. The sector's development, at its current stage,...
- VC Investments in Israel Decreased during January' March 2009. // EmergingMarketsNOW;4/28/2009, p2
The article reports that there has been a 57 percent decline in venture capital (VC) investments from local and international investors in Israel during the first quarter of 2009. It informs that during the first quarter high-technology companies in Israel raised a total of USD 265 million from...
- Guest Writer. Edelstein, Eric // Finweek;8/4/2011, p11
The author reports on speaking to international venture capitalists about their next round of funding for Evly.com in San Francisco, California. He says that he has been involved in a number of well-known South African technological ventures. There are several organisations helping turn...