Report Card for VCs
- Venture Investor Says, 'It is Business as Usual.' // SCOR Report;Oct2002, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p1
Discusses issues related to the state of the venture capital business in the U.S. such as the investments of the company InterWest Partners as of October 2002.
- The Cash Is Back. Stone, Brad // Newsweek;10/4/2004, Vol. 144 Issue 14, pE8
Offers a look at venture capitalists in the United States as of October 2004. Increase of institutional investors; Discussion of a fund managed by Flip Gianos of InterWest Partners for high-technology and life-science start-ups.
- FINANCINGS. Boggs, Jennifer // BioWorld Today;9/23/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 182, p5
The article reports on the 1.5 million dollar raised by Indi Molecular from a seed round led by Interwest Partners and other angel investors, which will be used by the company to further develop protein catalyzed capture agent technology.
- How do you attract venture capitalists? Irving, Charles; McNair, Martin // Electronics Weekly;4/9/2003, Issue 2094, p42
Presents information how an entrepreneur should approach the problem of attracting venture capital. Preparation for approaching a venture capitalist; Tips in preparing for business plan; Common questions asked by venture capitalists to start-up business.
- Investors still hunting for technology, biotech stars. Applegate, Jane // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/09/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p31A
Reports the venture capital of investors for start-up businesses in New York, New York. Services offered by the BabyPressConference.com site; Description of the UniversityAngels.com site; Views of Lee Perlman, executive of Greater New York Hospital Association, on Internet.
- Stent Developer Raises $32 Million. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;11/7/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p3
The article reports that Devax Inc., an Irvine-based startup medical device maker, has raised thirty-two million dollars in a fourth round of venture funding in California. The company plans to use to money to finance a study and international marketing of its lead product, the Axxess...
- PEOPLE AND PRODUCTS IN THE FAST-GROWING SUSTAINABLE SCENE. Goldstein, Jerome // In Business;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p2
The article informs that in the area of making financing available to innovative, sustainable enterprises, there's much to learn from a venture capital firm called Investors' Circle. The company's investment sectors range from environment and energy to education and health care to community...
- Startups Spur VCs. Glasser, Laura // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/20/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 30, p1A
The article reports on the opportunity offered to venture capitalists by the increase of new small businesses in Long Island, New York. According to Ann-Marie Scheidt, interim executive director of Long Island Capital Alliance, it is the increase in qualified entrepreneurs that is bringing the...
- Long Island Angel Network ready to spread its wings. Daly, Ross // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/9/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p7A
The article reports that investors interested in supporting startup companies will gather to move the Angel Network, which will work to keep budding technology entrepreneurs in touch with investors who can provide startup capital, forward in Long Island, New York. Richard Lippe, chairman of the...