- Nissan's Bright Spot. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;Dec98, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p62
Focuses on the business success of Nissan Motor Mfg. Corp. USA in Tennessee. Accolades won by the company's plant in productivity and quality of products; Details on the company's success.
- Nissan buys out 2,500; AutoNation expands. // Ward's Auto World;Feb97, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p25
Reports on developments in the United States automobile industry as of February 1997. Nissan Motor Corp. U.S.A.'s offer of early retirement and buyout packages to employees; Republic Industries Inc. unit Auto-Nation USA's sales agreements with Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Corp.
- Nissan seeks big cost cuts in Smyrna. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;8/10/1998, Vol. 77 Issue 5779, p4
Reports on the proposed plans to reduce per-unit cost of vehicles by Nissan Motor Manufacturing Corporation's Smyrna, Tennessee plant. Cost reduction proposed by the company; Comments from Jerry Benefield, leader of the Smyrna plant; Amount which Benefield expects to save from the cost...
- Former Nissan plant chief forged new trail. // Automotive News;5/15/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5874, p8n-h
Interviews Jerry Benefield, retired president and CEO of Nissan Motor Manufacturing Corp. U.S.A. Contributions to the creation of the Japanese automaker's United States manufacturing base; Accomplishments during his tenure; Achievement of Nissan in the US; Outlook on the future of Nissan.
- For piece of the pie, suppliers got in shape. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;4/27/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5763, p8N-B
Focuses on education in the automobile industry in the United States, while indicating that Nissan Motor Manufacturing Company sends teams of employees to its suppliers plants, for knowledge about better systems for manufacturing parts. Quality expectations of the Japanese; Indication that...
- Benefield ready for new neighbors. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;4/27/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5763, p8N-V
Profiles Jerry Benefield, head of Nissan Motor Manufacturing Corporation U.S.A., while looking at the competition in the automobile industry in the United States. Background information on Benefield; Comments from Benefield; Development of Nissan Motor.
- 4-door pickup rolls at Nissan. Domby, Debi // Automotive News;3/29/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5812, p46
Reports on developments concerning the automobile industry in North American for the week March 29, 1999. Nissan Motor Manufacturing Corp.'s plan to begin production of the Nissan Frontier four-door pickup; Car and truck production; Scheduled plant overtime.
- Productivity monitoring and feedback system cuts setup time by 22%. Litsikas, Mary // Quality;Aug96, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p55
Cites the benefits of Nissan Motor Manufacturing Corp.'s installation of a real-time production monitoring and feedback system from Redwolf Industries Inc. Reduction on work-in-process time; Decrease on the total changeover time. INSET: Benefits..
- Nissan launches Armada. Domby, Debi // Automotive News;8/25/2003, Vol. 77 Issue 6054, p42
Nissan Motor Manufacturing Corp.'s Canton, Mississippi-based plant has begun production of the Nissan Pathfinder Armada sport utility vehicle.