Ford Plays It Safe
- Ford says '96 Taurus `a great step forward'. Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;1/2/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5585, p26
Features the 1996 Ford Taurus. Vulnerability of the Ford Taurus in 1992; Focus on exterior styling and customer preferences; Taurus as a franchise car.
- Ethanol Taurus due. // Automotive News;3/6/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5594, p8
Reports on the availability of an ethanol-powered version of the Ford Taurus in its 1996 model.
- Dull Taurus TV ads won't stop Ford from selling `30 zillion'. Garfield, Bob // Automotive News;10/2/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5625, p5
Opinion. Comment on the television advertising for Ford Taurus automobile. Jingle of the advertisement; Quality of the automobile; Needs of the marketplace.
- Taurus scores high in tests. Frame, Phil // Automotive News;12/11/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5636, p39
Looks at how the 1996 Ford Taurus sedan scored on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety crash tests. Taurus receive highest rating; Avalon rating.
- Preview drive: Plastic-chassis Taurus. Sherman, D. // Popular Science;May90, Vol. 236 Issue 5, p94
Looks at the new Ford Taurus, built on a seven-part composite-fiber chassis, that replaces some 400 stamped and welded steel parts used in the standard car. The result is a sedan both lighter and stiffer than a steel one.
- New Taurus tests its legs. Lehmann, Hans G. // Automotive News;4/12/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5494, p2
Shows a photograph of a prototype of the Ford Taurus undergoing tests. Cab-forward philosophy; Aluminum hood, decklid and doors.
- Flexible-fuel Taurus is $260 over base label. Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;9/2/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5676, p6
Reports on the price of the 1997 flexible-fuel Ford Taurus automobile.
- Ford's SHO nears final curtain. Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;3/23/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5758, p1
States that the Ford Motor Co. is close to eliminating the Ford Taurus SHO. The reason for the change in production of the Taurus model; Price of the SHO.
- Happy anniversary. // AutoWeek;03/02/98, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p39
Presents information on the replacing of the Ford Thunderbird with the Ford Taurus. Information on the performance of the Taurus in the early part of the NASCAR season; How the racing teams had to rush to make the car racing ready; Details on the controversy surrounding the car; Identification...
- Ford Taurus SHO. // Consumer Reports;May93, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p318
Examines the features of the Ford Taurus SHO sports sedan. Performance; Engine; Transmission; Handling; Comfort and convenience; Ride quality; Interior features; Safety and reliability; Problems with the keyless entry system; Trunk space; Details.