Something's Started At Oldsmobile
- Just wait till the General comes! // Finance Week;2/8/2002, p44
Reports on the pending entry of General Motors Corp. in the automobile industry in South Africa. Reasons; Plan to increase stake in Delta Motor Corp.
- GM expands Calif. value-selling program. Child, Charles // Automotive News;8/28/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5620, p3
Reports on General Motors (GM) Corp.'s plans to expand its value-selling program in California. Planned additions to the program; Purpose of the program; GM's share in the state's automobile market.
- Japan starts to look like a real GM market. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;10/30/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5630, p1
Reports on the plans of General Motors Corp. for the Japan automobile market. Recruitment of Japanese dealers; Development of models specifically for the market; Sales projections.
- GM truck business will soon face fresh competition. Child, Charles // Automotive News;1/1/96, Vol. 70 Issue 5639, p26
States that General Motors needs its new truck headquarters in Pontiac, Michigan to ware off any fresh competition in the trucking market. Big 3's domination in trucking market may soon end; Reasons why; Comments from Cliff Vaughn of GM Truck Group; Reorganization in GM's assembly plant,...
- Two-seat Pontiac? // AutoWeek;12/14/98, Vol. 48 Issue 51, p2
States that Pontiac wants the two-seat, mid-engined sports coupe that General Motors is testing in Germany. Use of a stretched-wheelbase Tigra as a test mule.
- A year after its creation, GM Performance Division gathering momentum. Raynal, Wes // AutoWeek;Jul2002, Vol. 52 Issue 27, p9
No abstract available.
- GM's OnStar system can be valuable to executive on the run. Koland, Cordell // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/01/97, Issue 322232, p10
Presents information about the OnStar system of General Motors company. Services for executives provided by OnStar operators; Description of the OnStar system; Technologies combined in producing the system; Other capabilities of OnStar; Price ranges and other features added to the system for 1998.
- Scuttlebutt. // Ward's Auto World;Nov97, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p26
Offers a look on the activities of General Motors Corp. (GMC). Information on the GMT800 program of GMC; Importation of diesel fuel from Europe.
- The long, hot summer. Smith, David C. // Ward's Auto World;Jul98, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p7
Editorial. Focuses on the automobile industry in the United States with emphasis on the General Motors Corporation (GM). Details on the losses experienced by the GM; Earnings of $826 million by GM in North America Operations; Background information on the company; Factors surrounding the lost...
- The Yellowstone Project. Sharf, Stephan // Ward's Auto World;May99, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p27
Focuses on General Motors Corp.'s Yellowstone Project, a small car program that includes the modular assembly plant concept. Early concepts of modular assemblies supplied by outside suppliers; Potential benefits of modular assembly; Effect of modular assembly on overall quality.