Consequences of Consolidation
- Brain acquires CMI. // Automotive News;10/4/1999, Vol. 74 Issue 5841, p10
Reports on Germany-based Brain International AG's acquisition of Grand Rapids, Michigan-based software firm CMI-Competitive Solutions Inc.
- CMI makes available Trans4m software. // Plastics News;8/25/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 26, p15
Reports that CMI-Competitive Solutions Incorporated released a software for high-volume repetitive and mixed-mode manufacturing. Name of the software.
- Market for suppliers dries up. Chew, Edmund // Automotive News Europe;1/14/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the decline of the value of consolidations and acquisitions among European automotive suppliers in 2001. Factors attributed to the decline; Examples of acquisition deals that were completed in 2001; Outlook on acquisitions in 2002.
- Cash constraints slow buying activity. Chew, Edmund // Automotive News Europe;1/14/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p20
Reports that merger and acquisition in the automobile industry have slowed in 2001 as suppliers focused on getting maximum efficiency from existing operations. Key change in automotive mergers and acquisitions in 2001; Reason behind the slowed merger and acquisition activity in the industry in...
- Deal with this: Deals decline. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;01/29/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the mergers among automobile companies in Detroit, Michigan in the year 2000. Total number and value of deals; Overpay of international suppliers buying domestic companies; Factors influencing banks to restrict loans for mergers.
- All things being equal, can merger be made equal? Strong, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;01/29/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p27
Focuses on the elements of a successful merger of equals in the automotive industry in the context of the Meritor Automotive Inc.-Arvin Inc. consolidation. Designation of executive positions to qualified persons; Achievement of the outlined goals by the merged entities; Formation of integration...
- Auto Industry's Merger Mood Is Still Alive. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/14/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 15, pB8
Presents updates on mergers and acquisitions in the automotive industry around the world as of April 14, 2003. Percentage increase in the number of mergers and acquisitions deals from 2001 to 2003; Value of global mergers and acquisitions; Value of supplier mergers and acquisitions.
- Mergers: Not over yet. Crain, Keith // Automotive News;3/20/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5866, p12
Focuses on consolidation and merger of companies in the automobile industry. Joint venture between General Motors and Fiat; Development of alliances with automakers in Europe and Asia; Failure of DaimlerChrysler to acquire Fiat; Affiliation plan of DaimlerChrysler with Nissan.
- Delco Remy goes private. // Automotive News;3/19/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5921, p45
Reports developments related to the automobile industry in the United states as of March 2001. Acquisition of Delco Remy International Inc. by Citigroup Inc.; Price of the 2002 TL sedan; Reason of ANC Rental Corp. for using the online auction service of Autodaq Corp.