Right size, right temperature
- TRUCK SHOWCASE. // Contractor Magazine;Nov2002, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p46
Presents information on various types of trucks. Description of trucks; Various models of trucks.
- Go-ahead for super-safe trucks. Finnerty, Joe // Auto Express;4/23/2014, Issue 1316, p25
The article reports that the Member of the Euroepan Parliament (MEPs) have supported a draft policy supporting a radical redesign of the existing trucks.
- reader rigs. // Overdrive;Oct2003, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p80
Features the 1984 Built 359 and 1971 V-12 Kenworth trucks owned by particular truck operators in the U.S. Operators of the trucks; Custom sleeper and design of the 1984 Built 359 truck; Wheelbase 2000 Kenworth eight-bag suspension feature of the 1971 V-12 Kenworth truck.
- Big Rigs. Hogan, Hank // Product Design & Development;Nov2000, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p34
Focuses on technological innovations in the design of heavy equipment. Autonomous driving design of trucks to make them more productive; Efforts to increase the electronic content for economic and regulatory reasons; Use of improved motors and large tires to create massive trucks; Incorporation...
- The face of the future? // Truck & Driver;May2007, p8
The article features concept trucks designed by transport designer Luigi Colani. Colani's work is being highlighted in a special retrospective show at the Design Museum in London, England through June 17, 2007. According to the article, the futuristic concept trucks are actually based on...
- Three generations of MAN eight-wheelers. // Commercial Motor;8/21/2008, Vol. 208 Issue 5294, p7
The article reports that KBHS Ltd., of Llanelli, Wales, has bought two new MAN TGS eight-wheelers, completing the acquisition of a trio of MAN 8x4 models spanning over three decades. The two new TGS 35.440 8x4 BB heavy duty tippers come with Eminox exhausts and light-bars, and were acquired...
- Quick tour available. // Landscape & Irrigation;Apr2005, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p27
Focuses on the quick tour of Super Lawn Trucks' truck system in action. Construction of custom landscape and lawn maintenance trucks designed for the transport, storage and organization of landscape equipment; Options of building Super Lawn Truck on the corporate web site; Improvement of...
- A world-class invention. Littlemore, Allan // Commercial Motor;6/5/2014, Vol. 221 Issue 5589, p40
The article focuses on Gerald Broadbent and his invention of the Tautliner, recognised as the name for curtain-sided trucks and trailers. It offers personal information about Broadbent, who was born in Glossop in Derbyshire on April 27, 1928. It is inferred that Broadbent came up with the idea...
- Medium-duty trucks becoming popular. Roche, Jerry // Landscape & Irrigation;Nov2004, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p32
Focuses on the growing popularity of medium-duty trucks for the landscaping industry in the U.S. Significant features of the Mitsubishi Fuso medium-duty truck; Focus of the design of most medium-duty trucks on interior improvements; Key features in the medium-duty class; Structural design and...