People and Positions
- Trailer Output Drops 46% in 2009. SCHENCK, PAUL // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2010, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p18
The article discusses the results of a survey conducted by the journal regarding the top 25 trailer manufacturers in North America, which showed that trailer shipments in 2009 fell by 46% to 78,258 units from 146,182 units in 2008. It also cites that the best performing segment of the industry...
- going places. // Fleet Owner;Jul2005, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p11
Reports on executive changes in the motor vehicle industry as of July 2005. Appointment of Robert Wilson as president and chief operating officer of Supreme Industries; Promotion of Mark Slingluff as director of marketing communications at Hendrickson; Wabash National Corp.'s appointment of Joe...
- Trailer output up 9.4% in 2012. SCHENCK, PAUL // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2013, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on truck trailer output in 2012. The trailer industry managed to produce 234,870 trailers in 2012, a 9.4 percent increase from 2011. Of the 25 top manufacturers, the top 6 produced 6.7 percent of the total output, indicating that the medium- and smaller-sized manufacturers...
- TRAILER FOCUS: DRY VANS. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Feb2008, Vol. 165 Issue 2, p58
The article evaluates several dry vans from leading suppliers including the HT Composite from Hyundai Translead, the VXP from Vanguard, and the Duraplate Dry Van from Wabash.
- Total industry shipments remain steady for 29 largest trailer builders. Schenck, Paul // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;2/1/2014, p2
The article reports on the stability of total industry shipments in the truck trailer manufacturing industry in North America in 2013. It mentions industry data including the 244,864 truck trailers built by the largest 29 trailer manufacturers for the year, the forecast of several of those...
- TRAILER FOCUS: REFRIGERATED. // Commercial Carrier Journal;May2012, Vol. 169 Issue 5, p85
The article evaluates several refrigerated trailers with improved insulation and heat isolation including Everest CL from Great Dane Trailers, Wabash National's Arcticlite Refrigerated and Hyundai Translead's HT Thermotech.
- Trailer manufacturers up again in 2011. Schenck, Paul // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2012, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p18
The article discusses the performance of the 25 largest truck trailer manufacturers for the calendar 2011 which registered an increase of 78%. It cites the van trailer producers as the most productive manufacturers having manufactured more than 3/4 of the total output by the companies that...
- PEOPLE & PLACES. // Refrigerated Transporter;Aug2006, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p49
Career developments involving executives in the U.S. are discussed. Patrick Devine has been promoted to vice president finance of First Fleet Corp. Ora Edwards was hired by Hyundai Translead as manager of aftermarket parts. Bill Hicks has been promoted by Holland Group Inc. to product manager...
- Some things never change. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Jul2002, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p72
Profiles Howard Yurgevich, vice president of engineering at Hyundai Translead. Educational and career background of Yurgevich; Trailers manufactured by Hyundai.