Freightliner marks 25 years with DaimlerChrysler
- Freightliner Corp. announces agreement to purchase powertrain components from Daimler-Benz AG. // Fleet Equipment;Nov98, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p29
Reports the agreement signed by Freightliner Corp. with Daimler-Benz AG to purchase Daimler's Powertrain Business Unit. Terms of the agreement; Comments from James L. Hebe, president and chief executive officer of Freightliner; Percentage of the business of the Freightliner Group represented by...
- M-B, freightliner study pickups. Brooke, Lindsay // Automotive Industries;Apr98, Vol. 178 Issue 4, p20
Reports that the Freightliner Corporation in partnership with Daimler-Benz, entered the United States light truck market with a stylish pickup truck wearing a Freightliner grille. Indication that the truck was presented at Mercedes-Benz's California design studio in late 1997; Description of the...
- FREIGHTLINER, DAIMLERCHRYSLER MARK 25 YEARS. Longton, Linda // Overdrive;Jul2006, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p17
The article reports on the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the acquisition of Freightliner Corp. by Daimler-Benz AG in Portland, Oregon. More than 2,500 employees of the acquired company are invited to join in the celebration. Company executives discuss the company's success. They also...
- Freightliner sources powertrain components from Daimler. Leavitt, Wendy // Fleet Owner;Oct98, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the signing of a contract between trucking companies, Freightliner Corp., and Powertrain Business Unit of Daimler-Benz AG, on September 2, 1998 in Germany, for the purchase of approximately 20,000 medium-duty engines per year. Details on the stipulations of the contract; Comments from...
- Doing the Deal is the Easy Part. Keller, Maryann // Automotive Industries;Nov2000, Vol. 180 Issue 11, p19
Discusses the merger between Chrysler and Daimler-Benz. Business losses of DaimlerChrysler in the third quarter of 2000; Morale of employees at Chrysler; What Dainmler-Benz needs to uplift the morale of employees.
- A HOT CHRYSLER. Newman, Richard J. // U.S. News & World Report;11/29/2004, Vol. 137 Issue 19, p34
Reports on Chrysler's recent success and profitability. Description of the company's turnaround this year from its losses of the last five years; Waiting lists for its new 300 sedan; Introduction of more than a dozen other new vehicles; Disruption caused by its merger with Daimler-Benz in 1998;...
- letters to the editor. Bond, Richard; Pieper, Jüurgen // Automotive News Europe;12/15/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p10
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues of "Automotive News Europe." Comments on the controversy surrounding the merger of Chrsyler and Daimler-Benz; Criticisms on the brand leadership of Ford.
- The winged 'B' takes flight. Kimberley, William // Automotive Engineer;Sep98, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p3
Focuses on several automobile industry developments as of September 1998. Merger of the truck operations of Daimler-Benz and Nissan; Outcome of the Rolls-Royce sale; Details on the Bentley heritage.
- Mutual benefits. Eisenstein, Paul // Professional Engineering;11/04/98, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p24
Reports on the merger between Daimler-Benz AG and Chrysler Corp. Response of the automobile industry to the merger; Significance of the merger to both of the company; Reasons behind the merger.