Tear down that wall
- Choke Obsolete Parts. Naples, Gary // Ward's Dealer Business;Sep2005, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p52
Discusses a good strategy for inventory obsolescence, one of the leading problems faced by automobile parts managers in the U.S. Recommendations on how to handle parts inventory; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the automobile industry.
- A FOOT IN THE (BACK) DOOR. Sullivan, Bob; Silvey, Larry // Aftermarket Business;Jul2004, Vol. 114 Issue 7, p10
Relates the author's experience in the automotive aftermarket business. Approaches to improve customer service; Challenges in meeting the growing needs of customers; Trends in dealing with customers.
- Faurecia Begins Operations at Saline, Michigan, Interior Systems Plant. Palmen, Nick // Automotive Industries;Jun2012, Vol. 192 Issue 6, p1
The article focuses on the automobile supplies industry company Faurecia. The company's operation of an interior trim components manufacturing plant in Saline, Michigan it has previous acquired from the firm Automotive Components Holdings LLC is discussed. A customer services center to be...
- It's service that counts. Gelinas, Tom // Fleet Equipment;Jan2006, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p26
The article focuses on the significance of a harmonious relationship between fleet customers and aftermarket parts distributor in business. Service is the primary thing that binds this relationship. Customers should also be provided with to help them control maintenance costs. INSETS:...
- NEWS. // Motor Equipment News;Sep2006, p8
This article focuses on issues and topics related to the automobile industry in New Zealand. An article about providing service to WOF issuing companies in the automobile industry is presented. Shinano Inc. has established a good reputation in the automobile industry through their quality...
- Ford Truckload Program announces 52 new parts. // North Texas Automotive Report;Dec2011, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the move of Ford Customer Service Division (FCSD) of Ford Motor Co. to add 52 automotive parts to the company's Collision Parts Truckload Program, which aim to help collision repairers deliver cost-effective and quality repairs to their customers in Dearborn, Michigan.
- Fords Mr. Fix-it keeps raising service profits. // Automotive News;6/27/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6154, p20
Presents an interview with Francisco Codina who heads the North American service and parts operations of Ford Motor Co. as president of Ford's Customer Service Division. Goals of Codina for Ford's service and parts operations; Steps taken by Codina to increase customer satisfaction; Information...
- IMT launches certified used service equipment program. // Tire Business;8/13/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p10
This article reports that service vehicle maker Iowa Mold Tooling Co. Inc. (IMT) has established a certified used equipment program to meet customer demand for quality pre-owned equipment. Under the program, each vehicle will be reconditioned to a 90-point set of criteria. Customers who register...
- Night of the living catalog. McNutt, Buster // Knoxville Automotive Report;Mar2012, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p6
The author reflects on the significance for automobile parts suppliers to adopt the electronic cataloging in their operations. He examines how electronic cataloging can aid the challenges faced by parts suppliers particularly in managing their documents used in placing orders from customers....