Fontaine forms new aftermarket parts unit
- Recognized, Informed Employees Are Best. WALKER, JOHN // Power Equipment Trade;Nov2014, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p12
The article discusses the importance of recognizing employees in improving customer service and achieving dealership success. Topics covered include suggestions for managers on how to treat employees, such as expressing willingness to listen to them and ensuring that personnel policies,...
- The Growing Season. // Yard & Garden;Apr/May2006, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p24
The article talks about the strategy of growth in the industrial equipment industry as perceived by various dealers in different regions in the U.S. At the Midwest region, sales grew which came partly from equipment and majority on service, credited to increased labor rate and focus on repair...
- Knowledge Is Worthless Until Applied. // Dealernews;Jun2003, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p26
Comments on the usually politically correct disclaimers as to the validity of pre-paid service. Real problems with marketing and implementation and involved customer perception rather than realities; General Motors' decision to let their dealerships try pre-paid oil changes based on mileage in...
- How valuable is your last customer? Johnson, Dennis // Dealernews;Aug2010, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor mentions the Success Strategies panel discussion, the importance of best employees, and the dealership as a fun place for customers and employees.
- Dealer education service training. Southey, Craig // Dealernews;Nov96, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p46
Discusses the importance for dealers and service managers to install systems that measure how effective the service department is operated. Installation of time controls to measure their technicians' production and efficiency; Ways for maximizing labor hours for the service department;...
- In for the long haul. // International Construction;Nov2001, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p35
Focuses on the importance of after sales service. Vitality of reassurance; Education of dealers and clients on the functions and maintenance of the product; Role of dealers.
- Selling services. // National Home Center News;12/11/95, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p80
Reports on how dealers in Los Angeles handle services that run from simple product cutting to sublime in-home design consultation. Success of an Ace Hardware dealer in offering some offbeat services to offset competition from a new Home Depot and a nearby Builders Square.
- Fontaine Trailer forms aftermarket unit. // Fleet Owner;Aug2006, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p49
The article reports on the establishment of a new business unit named Fontaine Part Source by Fontaine Trailer Co., a manufacturer a line of flatbed, dump, drop, and lowbed trailers for the trucking industry. The unit was designed to offer dealer and fleet customers with original equipment parts...
- Locking in on key customers. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2008, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p36
The article focuses on Fontaine PartSource, the aftermarket parts unit of Fontaine Trailer Company, a flatbed trailer manufacturer. The unit is headed by director of operations David Lee. It describes how the Pareto Principle was applied in the operations of Fontaine. It relates the success of...