Svelte companies prosper in lean times
- Best Commercial Motor ever. // Commercial Motor;8/28/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5043, p5
Deals with changes in the "Commercial Motor" magazine, a weekly road transport publication. Aim of the magazine; Sections added in the magazine; Retail price of the magazine.
- Abstracts. // Journal of Transport History;Mar2005, Vol. 26 Issue 1, preceding p1
Presents abstracts of studies and articles about transportation history published as of March 2005. Topics focused on in the articles; Authors of the studies; Publishers of the studies.
- What price unity? Stanton, Justin // Motor Transport;11/13/2008, p11
The author reflects on the disagreement between the Great Britain's Freight Transport Association (FTA) and the Road Haulage Association (RHA). The author states that the gloom and doom is reinforced by what appears to be not totally gentlemanly disagreement between the FTA and the RHA. The...
- Working under Difficulties. // America;12/22/1917, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p270
The article reports on the delay of the delivery of the copy of "America," which is caused by the problem in the delivery system. It notes that the delivery system broke down in one large Eastern city in the U.S. and the railways have been congested for several months, which is a condition that...
- Georgia Chapter Orders Banner. // Transportation Journal (American Society of Transportation & Log;Fall1963, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p44
This article informs about order placed by Georgia Chapter for one of the newly adopted banners for Society Chapters. It is hoped by the publishers that all of the seventeen Chapters in the U.S., plus new one will have purchased a banner for display at meetings and special functions.
- ILT revisits 10-year plan. // Rail Business Intelligence;2/19/2004, Issue 216, p9
Announces the publication of the transport plan of the government of Great Britain by the Institute of Logistics and Transport on February 10, 2004. Information on the flaws in the transport plan; Reason for the plan's failure; Recommended changes in the transport plan.
- Notes and Comment. // New Yorker;5/9/1964, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p33
The article focuses on changes in the publication of the magazine "New Yorker." The magazine will be printed in Chicago, Illinois. Instead of dispatching magazine's messenger to Grand Central with a pouch of magazine copy and with instructions to take the Stamford express, he will be provided...
- Extra, extra: read all about it. Young, Pave // Commercial Motor;5/13/2010, Vol. 212 Issue 5381, p32
The article reports on the progress made by several firms in the field of road transport delivery of newspapers and supplements in Great Britain which was earlier dominated by the company Ceva Newsfast. As stated, publishers and printers are looking for more flexible solutions to match cost with...
- DOT publications. // Transportation & Distribution;Oct97, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p24
Reports on two publications from the US Department of Transportation (DOT), as of October 1997. `The Worldwide Transportation Directory'; The databases `National Transportation Atlas Databases' (NTAD 97). Contact points for ordering.