RISING COSTS PUSH UP ASIAN NUMBERS
- JANUARY SET TO RISE ON HIGHER FEEDSTOCKS. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;1/9/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p48
The article presents information on Asian commodity polymer prices in 2005. It reports on the increase in polyethylene prices in December. It cites the effect of strong demand and high prices in the U.S., South America and Central America on Asian cargoes. It presents the signs that maker...
- Polymer prices climb in May. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/4/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 69, p42
The article reports on polymer prices. According to the author, most prices of polymers have firmed, with demand strong and availability of some products are limited. Polystyrene (PS) makers are looking at margin improvement while price hikes in polyvinyl chloride (PVC) fall short. High density...
- Venezuela PVC rises on higher-priced import resin. COIFMAN, RON // ICIS Chemical Business;8/27/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 5, p17
The article focuses on an increase in polyvinyl chloride prices in Venezuela's domestic market, stating expensive imported product is having a larger share in resin mix that was sold to private industry in August 2012, and mentions demand for domestic resin is up due to subsidized housing projects.
- POLYVINYL CHLORIDE. // Chemical Week;12/14/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 42, p27
The article presents an outlook for the polyvinyl chloride (PVC) industry. The demand for PVC is estimated to grow about 4% per year through 2009. The low operating rates in China can be attributed to the acetylene-based PVC which comprise most of capacity in the country. Due to the absence of...
- Plastics. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;6/14/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 20, p17
The article reports on the strong demand for commodity plastics in North America as of June 14, 2006. Demand across Dow Chemicals' entire plastics portfolio has been strong in the second quarter. Polyethylene and polyvinyl chloride margins expanded during the first quarter despite falling...
- Commodity Resin Prices End Year With 'Soft Landing.'. Sherman, Lilli Manolis // Plastics Technology;Dec2011, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p41
The article discusses the performance of resins and other related products in the 2011 market. Prices of polystyrene (PS), polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PE) and polyvynyl chloride (PVC) declined further in November 2011 and further softer prices are expected in Decedmber 2011. Lackluster...
- Slowing demand worries producers. Vasnetsov, Sergey; Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;5/30/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 492, p12
Reports on demand and price of commodity chemicals in North America as of May 30, 2005. Decline in the ethylene demand in the U.S. market; Contract prices for polystyrene and polyethylene terephthalate in the region in March 2005; Need for polyvinyl chloride profit margins to increase.
- Resin Prices Are on the Way Up. Sherman, Lilli Manolis // Plastics Technology;Jan2013, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p46
The article discusses plastics industry price updates. The reduced demand and monomer costs contributed to the decline in polyethylene contract prices in November 2012. After polypropylene (PP) contract prices slightly increased in November 2012, PP prices in December 2012 seemed to remain flat....
- Slowdowns hit PVC, HDPE prices. // Plastics News;9/23/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p23
Reports on the drop in prices of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and high-density polyethylene (HDPE) in the North American market in August 1996. Slowdown of export sales; Applications of PVC and HDPE.