Polymer prices climb in May
- Hikes hit markets following storms. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;10/3/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2165, p40
Presents information on the price increases of several European commodity polymers as of October 3, 2005. Polypropylene; Polystyrene; Polyvinyl chloride.
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;9/22/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 31, p55
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of September 2004. Increase in demand for polyvinyl chloride in the U.S. in August 2004; Increase in prices for Bayer's nylon and styrenic polymers; Pricing for various chemicals.
- Price Increases to Outpace Feedstock Costs. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;11/17/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 38, p26
Reports on a possible improvement in polymer margins despite forecasts of higher feedstock costs in the U.S. in 2004. Increase in polystyrene prices in October; Price increase for polyethylene, effective December 1; Implementation of an increase in the price of polyvinyl chloride.
- POLYMERS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/25/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 15, p18
The article offers news briefs related to polymers including rise in prices for polyvinyl chloride (PVC) in Asia, price increase for acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS) in the U.S. and fall in polymers exports in Russia.
- Improved Demand Should Lift Prices. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;8/3/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 25, p34
Focuses on the expected improvement in demand for major polymers by the end of third quarter of 2005. Price increase nominated by polyethylene producers effective August 1, 2005; Decline in sales of polyvinyl chloride and polystyrene from January to May 2005 in North America.
- Summer lull: a thing of the past. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;7/26/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2110, p10
Reports on the condition of the polyvinyl chloride (PVC) market in Europe as of July 26, 2004. Increase in sales of PVC in July; Growth in contract prices for PVC since 2003; Information on plant shutdowns planned by several PVC companies.
- PE, PS resin prices take jump. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;3/5/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p0003
The article reports on the increase in prices for polyethylene (PE) and polystyrene (PS) since February 1, 2012 due to feedstock availability and market pressures in North America. It indicates that prices for all grades of PE are up an average of 3 cents per pound, while prices for...
- JANUARY SET TO RISE ON HIGHER FEEDSTOCKS. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;1/9/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p48
The article presents information on Asian commodity polymer prices in 2005. It reports on the increase in polyethylene prices in December. It cites the effect of strong demand and high prices in the U.S., South America and Central America on Asian cargoes. It presents the signs that maker...
- RISING COSTS PUSH UP ASIAN NUMBERS. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/4/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 69, p42
The article reports on chemical prices in Asia. Asian polyethylene (PE) prices rose $20 to $30 per ton. High density polyethylene (HDPE) film grade offers for June 2007 shipment were reported at $1,320-1,350 per ton. Thai Polyethylene plans to shut its HDPE plant. Traders stated that high prices...