- VCM. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 67, p37
The article offers information about vinyl chloride monomer (VCM). According to the author, more than 98 percent of VCM are used in polyvinyl chloride (PVC) while the rest is consumed in polyvinylidene chloride and chlorinated solvents. The author stated that demand is strong in 2007. The...
- PVC and VCM Remain Extremely Tight. Greenberg, Karl // Chemical Market Reporter;11/15/99, Vol. 256 Issue 20, p5
Reports on the price increase of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and vinyl chloride monomer. Percentage increase in PVC implemented by producers for July and August 1999; Comparison on the increase PVC prices between Asia and the United States; American Plastic Council statistics on PVC for North America.
- Export vinyl climbs. // Chemical Week;3/19/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 11, p51
Reports on the increase in prices of export polyvinyl chloride and vinyl chloride monomer in the Far East.
- VCM drops on weak demand. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;1/10/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 474, p24
Reports on the expected decrease in prices of vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) in Asia as of January 10, 2005. Factors contributing to the weakness of VCM prices; Impact of potential price increase of VCM on the prices of polyvinyl chloride; Role of Formosa Plastics Corp. in the supply and demand...
- Turnarounds boost VCM. Guzman, Doris De; Thukral, Saru; Cheong, Aaron; George, Libby; Wilson, Stephanie // ICIS Chemical Business;10/4/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 11, p22
The article reports on the spot price increase of vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) due to ongoing maintenance shutdowns of several VCM producers in Asia and Europe and a rebound in demand for polyvinyl chloride (PVC). According to a source close to Japan's PVC producer Tosoh, Chinese buyers are...
- VCM export prices jump as world market tightens. Coeyman, Marjorie // Chemical Week;6/8/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 22, p15
Reports on the increase in prices of vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) due to urgent demand from Far East polyvinyl chloride (PVC) producers. PVC makers' lament over tightness of the VCM market; Statistics on domestic VCM prices; Availability of ethylene dichloride (EDC).
- PVC prices up 1 cent in April. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;5/17/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the price of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) in the United States as of April 1999. Contributing factors to increase in price; Sales performance of product in siding markets; Comparison of 1998 and 1997 prices.
- European PVC Prices Surge. Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;11/17/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 43, p39
Reports on the increase in European polyvinyl chloride (PVC) since August 1999. Reason behind the increase; Factors that have provided further support for PVC prices; Increase in European exports prices due to tightening supply worldwide.
- Prices Refuse to Budge. NOOR-DRUGAN, NATALIE // Chemical Week;3/24/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 11, p36
Provides information on Northern Europe polyvinyl chloride (PVC) prices in March 1999. Cause of the market stabilization; Impact of the status of the United States economy on PVC consumption.