Reach arrives. Now the fun really starts
- US Specialty Chemical Makers Deem Current EC REACH Proposal Unworkable. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/14/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the support of U.S specialty chemical companies to the European Union's European Commission (EC) efforts to develop a consistent method to regulate chemicals throughout Europe. Purpose of the proposed Registration, Evaluation, and Authorization of Chemicals legislation proposed by...
- European Chemical Industry Gains Support For REACH Criticism as Comment Period Ends. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;7/14/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the response made by the European chemical industry to the European Union European Commission's chemical policy, called Registration, Evaluation, and Authorization of Chemicals (REACH). Concerns over the requirement for safety stipulated in the legislation; Major changes foreseen by...
- EU INSIDER. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/11/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 23, p22
The article reports on the implementation of the European chemical legislation, Reach. Properly setting up the European Chemicals Agency is the next step to make sure that Reach will work in practice. The European Commission hopes the law will ensure that animal testing is kept to the strict...
- European Draft Legislation Fails to Appease Industry. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;5/14/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 18, p9
Focuses on the European Commission's proposed European Union chemicals legislation for 2003. Objections of industry executives to the proposal; Details of the Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemicals program; Suggested amendments to the proposed legislation. INSET: POWERFUL REACH?.
- Giving Reach a Sporting chance. // European Chemical News;11/8/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2123, p5
Provides information on the project Sport, a program launched by the European Commission to pilot the Reach (registration, evaluation and authorization of chemicals) process on specific chemicals before its legislation. Issues of concern to the European lead association Cefic regarding Reach;...
- UK report finds Reach an 'acceptable alternative'. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;5/24/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2101, p22
Focuses on the 2004 report "Within Reach: The EU's New Chemicals Strategy," released by the British Science and Technology Committee that concluded that the European Commission's proposals for the Registration, Evaluation, and Authorisation of Chemicals (REACH) are an acceptable alternative to...
- Assessment wars rage over Reach. Huggard, Joseph A // European Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2131, p5
Comments on the regulatory impact assessments (RIA) of Reach, the European Commission's proposed new chemicals policy as of January 2005. Purpose of RIA: Description of a good RIA; Example of the counter-balancing nature of the RIA process.
- Reach changes afoot as...employers federation slams proposals. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2131, p6
Reports on the major changes to be made to the European Commission's Reach proposals for a chemicals policy for Europe. Role of the European Commission on the Reach debate; Factors that give considerable pressure to amend the proposals; List of concerns about the Reach proposals.
- Costs could kill industry. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2131, p7
Reports that the costs of implementing Reach, the European Commission's proposed new chemicals policy, could kill the chemicals industry in Europe. Terms of the one substance, one registration proposals; Stance of small and medium size enterprises on Reach; Possible results of the...