- As clear as mud? Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;12/17/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 22, p20
The article deals with the difficulty facing chemical industry executives in understanding the Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals (REACH) legislation of the European Union. Executives from chemical producers, buyers and related industries who attended the Chemical Industries...
- Beyond the reach of reproach â€” the ecological alternative. // Green Futures;Sep/Oct2005 Supplement, p30
Examines the views of the concept manager at the ecological cleaning products company Ecover, Peter Malaise, concerning proposals for a system for registering, evaluating and authorizing chemicals. Health and environmental impacts of chemicals; Considerations in implementation and finance;...
- BASF says it's time to conclude Reach. Ovrebekk, Hilde // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;12/4/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 20, p14
The article reports on the comment made by Hans Eichhorn, the director of environmental policy for BASF, regarding the proposed chemical legislation, Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals (Reach). It estimates the cost for BASF to implement Reach over the next 10 to 12 years....
- Still Much To Learn From 'Old Europe.'. Ditz, Daryl // Environmental Forum;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p49
Focuses on the effect of Europe's proposed Registration, Authorization and Evaluation of Chemicals legislation on the U.S. Features of the legislation; Tangible benefits ignored by the U.S. from the legislation; Lessons learned from the legislation.
- Proposed Perc Phaseout Rule Delayed. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/18/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 18, p9
Reports on developments relevant to the proposed rule that would phase out the use of perchloroethylene by most dry cleaners in California compiled as of November 2002. Chemical regulations and policies; Health risks associated with the use of the solvent; Implications for the chemicals industry.
- Brussels Plans Controls for Endocrine Disruptors. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;1/5/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 1, p19
Reports the introduction of a legislation to control synthetic chemicals in Brussels, Belgium. Information on the legislation; Comments from Environment Commissioner Margot Wallstrom; Opposition from Cefic, the European chemical industry council.
- Disputes delay Reach. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 43, p29
The article reports on the delay in the second reading on the Reach chemical legislation in Europe in November 2006. Finland wants to see the legislation finalized before it hands over the presidency at the end of the year. The chemical industry remains concerned that mandatory substitution is...
- The Long Arm Of REACH: A Bold Proposal From The EU On Chemical Safety. // Environmental Forum;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p46
Presents information on the Registration, Authorization, and Evaluation of Chemical legislation developed by Europe. Potential impact of the approach on the chemical industry.
- Green Light From Government And Industry. Lahl, Uwe // Environmental Forum;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p50
Focuses on the Joint Evaluation issued by the German government and chemical industry for the proposed Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemicals legislation. Main problem with the regulation of chemicals; Essential elements of the legislation; Goals of the Joint Evaluation;...