Industry battles Democrats on US gas fields
- Algerian energy reform: More than just hot air. Ford, Neil // Middle East;Nov2002, Issue 328, p52
Focuses on the effectiveness of energy reforms in augmenting gas and power production in Algeria, as of November 2002. Provisions of the Hydrocarbons Bill; Role of Algeria's Minister of Energy and Mines in initiating the reforms; Impact of European Union guidelines on Algeria's energy policy;...
- Heavy hitters ask Bush for energy change. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;1/26/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p1
A group of 11 major plastics and chemical executives has asked U.S. President George W. Bush and key lawmakers to alter the pending federal energy bill because they do not believe it addresses the long-term need for a plentiful supply of affordable natural gas in the country. Natural gas is a...
- Ministry raises security gas reserve. // Hungary A.M.;4/28/2014, p4
The article reports on the Hungarian national development ministry's issuance of an order to raise the amount of security gas reserve to 915 million cubic meters beginning July 1, 2014.
- Hungary raises security gas reserve. // Energy Today (Hungary);4/28/2014, p4
The article reports on an order by of the Hungarian national development minister to raise the amount of security gas reserve to 915 million cubic meters from July 1, 2014.
- ANALIZA DOSTUPNOSTI KAPACITETA TERMINALA ZA UPLINJAVANJE UPP-A RADI OSIGURAVANJA SIGURNOSTI OPSKRBE EUROPE PRIRODNIM PLINOM. Veselić, Matija; Sedlar, Daria Karasalihović; Hrnčević, Lidia // Rudarsko-Geolosko-Naftni Zbornik;2011, Vol. 23, p25
Increasing natural gas consumption, declining North Sea gas reserves, increased production costs and the deregulation of European gas and electricity markets have all combined to create new opportunities for LNG in Europe. In these circumstances, LNG represents an opportunity for many European...
- Gas shortage chokes Argentine chemical industry. LERNER, IVAN // ICIS Chemical Business;11/1/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 15, p37
The article provides information on the crippling chemical industry of Argentina due to shortage in natural gas. It informs about the report of Argentina Institute of Energy (IAE) according to which natural gas reserves in Argentina have declined from 777,609 cubic meters in 2000 to 378,862...
- A natural gas cartel in the making? Kamalick, Joe; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/23/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 16, p16
The article focuses on the growing potential for a natural gas pricing cartel in the U.S. Chemicals producers in the country should be worried about this growing potential because they are dependent on natural gas as feedstock. Chemical producers have long been asking the U.S. Congress to...
- Dynamics of Pakistan's energy strategy. Ahmed, Gulfaraz // Economic Review (05318955);May99, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p13
Focuses on the energy policies of Pakistan. Dependence on imported oil; Need to develop natural gas reserves; Growth of the power sector.
- Latin America on cusp. CHANG, JOSEPH // ICIS Chemical Business;11/14/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 16, p5
The article comments on the petrochemical sector in Latin America. The sector in the region is said to be on the verge of starting construction on major projects. Relative optimism about new projects as well as the outlook for major players was expressed by major players at the Latin American...