PRODUCERS DIG THEIR HEELS IN ON TARIFF HIKES
- Transport of hazardous chemicals. // Chemical Business;Jun95, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p9
Discusses the search for ways of reducing accidents in transporting hazardous chemicals in India. Failure of seminars, symposia and workshops to bring about the desired impact of reducing road accident casualties involving the transportation of hazardous chemicals; Suggestions offered by experts.
- Transport of hazardous chemicals. // Chemical Business;Jun95, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p11
Discusses various aspects of road transport of hazardous chemicals in India. Need to examine measures for accident free transportation of hazardous and flammable goods by four wheelers; Need to eliminate the callousness of truck operators; Training of drivers; Adoption of a systems approach;...
- Intermodal Sticker Shock. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;10/11/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 41, p23
Reports on intermodal carrier Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway's imposition of an increase in storage fees for containers stored in its facilities in California. Reasons for the change; Impact of the charges on intermodal companies.
- Workshop on `safe transportation of hazardous chemicals by road'. // Chemical Business;Jun95, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p15
Reports on a workshop on `Safe Transportation of Hazardous Chemicals by Road' held in Calcutta, India on February 3, 1995. Welcome address by Indian chemical Manufacturers Association President O.P. Malhotra; Effectivity of the Loss Prevention Association of India Ltd. in enhancing safety; Sessions.
- In hazmat, railroad are winners. // Transportation & Distribution;Jun94, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p18
Reports on awards received and given away by railroad companies related to transportation of hazardous materials. Union Pacific's receipt of the National TRANSCAER Achievement Award; Burlington Northern Railroad's receipt of the Association of American Railroads' Outstanding Technological...
- Environmental hazards under spotlight. // Finance Week;6/14/2004, p51
Focuses on the petrochemical transportation in South Africa. Information on the transportation of petrochemicals by Petronet; Comment from Saret Knoetze, public relations manager of Petronet, on the advantage of gas pipelines in transportation; Discussion on road transportation for...
- Hazmat's Rising Cost. Boyd, John D. // Traffic World;4/23/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 16, p27
The article focuses on the demurrage fees introduced by BNSF Railway in the U.S. for highly toxic cargos such as chlorine and anhydrous ammonia starting May 1, 2007. Customers will be charged with $500 for the first day it has to hold onto the shipment past the initial delivery attempt wherein...
- Hazmat Hassle. // Traffic World;11/22/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 47, p22
Reports on the U.S. Transportation Security Administration's proposed fee schedule for background checks for truck drivers who transport hazardous materials. Possible reasons of drivers with hazardous materials endorsement for opting against renewal; Potential effect of the proposed fees on the...
- Logistics Seminars & Courses. // Traffic World;11/17/2008, Vol. 272 Issue 46, p35
A calendar of events for the U.S. in November to December 2008 is presented which include a training course titled "Preparing Hazardous Materials for Transportation by Multiple Modes, one day workshop titled "Drawback Workshop," and a seminar titled "Partnership Selling in the Supply Chain, Online."