Pemex hinders state biofuel push
- Biofuels strategy unclear. // Poultry World;May2007, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p9
The article reports that shadow agriculture minister Jim Paice has called on the British government to announce its criteria for sustainably meeting biofuels targets. Paice said the government is just three years away from the biofuels target that ministers accept will not be met without...
- Ethanol market and momentum here to stay. Smith, Ron // Southwest Farm Press;2/15/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the ethanol business in the U.S. Executive director of Texas Grain Sorghum Producers Wayne Cleveland states that biofuels give farmers the chance to earn profits from their own lands. The ethanol business is said to be changing due to geopolitics. Also, the Middle East is...
- Survey: Consumers like biofuels. Wilson, Mike // Irish Farmers Monthly;Jan2008, p17
The article cites a survey commissioned by the Ethanol Promotion and Information Council (EPIC) regarding the use of biofuels in the U.S. EPIC's result indicated that 79% of the respondents agreed that the government should require cleaner and more efficient energy sources, despite a media...
- Biomass Energy Outlook. Jenner, Mark // BioCycle;May2008, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p46
The author reflects on the benefits and challenges of biofuel production, with particular focus given to ethanol production in the U.S. The environmental benefits of ethanol expansion are explored and include reduced emissions, reduced risks to groundwater, and lower risks to human health. The...
- BIOFUELS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/12/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 24, p22
The article offers news briefs related to biofuel including rise in ethanol prices in Brazil, plans of Argentina to increase the biofuel blending rate to be at 7 percent, construction of building facilities by CleanTech Biofuels to produce ethanol from solid waste.
- Biofuelling the Future. Ross, Nicola // Alternatives Journal;Apr2009, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on biofuels such as corn-based ethanol, an evaluation on the effect of feedstocks on the ecosystem by Kyrke Gaudreau, and reviews on environmental books.
- Making switch from ethanol to butanol. Vogt, Willie // Mid-South Farmer;Jun2011, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the convert of ethanol plant into isobutanol at the Agri-Energy facility in Luverne, Minnesota as the next-generation biofuel.
- Next-gen biofuel goes commercial. Vogt, Willie // Ohio Farmer;Jun2011, Vol. 307 Issue 6, p20
The article focuses on the conversion of ethanol plant Agri-Energy to create isobutanol in Luverne, Minnesota.
- New refinery uses non-edible switch grass. Poovey, Bill // Memphis Automotive Report;2010, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p9
The article reports on the opening of the U.S.' first biorefinery in Tennessee, which uses agricultural waste and bioenergy crops such as switchgrass to produce ethanol.