PALM OIL DEALS THRIVE DESPITE GLOBAL CONCERNS
- PALM OIL DEALS THRIVE DESPITE GLOBAL CONCERNS. Soh Hui, Cheok // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/4/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 22, p6
The article presents an update on consolidation efforts in the palm oil industry in Asia. Indofood Agri Resources, the agriculture unit of PT Indofood Sukses Makmur, said it would buy Indonesia's PT London Sumatra. In December 2006, Singapore-listed Wilmar International revealed plans to merge...
- Malaysian firm fishes for TRT. De Guzman, Doris // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/21/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 20, p23
The article reports on the plan by Malaysian palm oil group Felda Holdings Bhd. (FHB) to acquire a stake in Twin Rivers Technologies (TRT). The companies signed a memorandum of understanding and expect to close the deal within 90 days. Reports indicate that FHB could acquire as much as 80% of...
- Palm oil's big future. De Guzman, Doris // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;12/18/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 21, p37
The article reports on the merger activities in the international palm oil industry. Singapore-based Wilmar International and Kuok Group has announced plans to merge their palm plantations, oils and agribusiness assets for a total value of $4.3 billion. On the other hand, CIMB Investment Bank...
- Acquisitions. // Accountancy Ireland;Apr99, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p28
Reports on the value and number of corporate acquisitions in Ireland in 1998. Performance of the financial services sector.
- Mergers and acquisitions. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Aug99, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p22
Reports global acquisitions and mergers of corporations as of August 1999. Includes acquisition of Wattyl Paint Corp. by PPG Industries Inc. in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Partnership of ICI plc with Huntsman Corp. London, England; Sale agreement between Akzo Nobel and Seppic Belgium in the...
- Mergers and Acquisitions. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jan2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p18
Reports several mergers and acquisitions of business enterprises. Acquisition of Technical Coatings Co. by Valspar Corp.; Purchase of Harcros Chemicals Inc. by HCI Acquisitions Inc.; Consolidation between Chemcentral Corp. and Southwest Solvents & Chemicals company.
- The mergers & acquisitions of 1998. // Business News New Jersey;01/11/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p9
Lists several business mergers and acquisitions in New Jersey in 1998. Number of firms that participated in mergers; Estimated value of mergers; Powerhouse and small mergers; Includes Poe & Brown Inc.'s purchase of Boynton Brothers & Co.; Diplomat Corp.'s purchase Lew Magram Ltd.
- Move up to the multiples. Cole, Stephen R. // CA Magazine;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 134 Issue 1, p33
Highlights the opportunities brought by consolidation trends to buyers and sellers. Success of consolidations in fragmented industries; Factors contributing to the success of consolidations; Consolidation issues to consider in 2001.
- 100 LARGEST MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS. // Crain's Chicago Business;2002 Book of Lists, Vol. 24 Issue 53, p67
Presents a tabulation detailing 100 largest mergers and acquisitions of corporations worldwide as of January 2001. Location of the companies; Ranks of companies; Products of the companies.