- IN BRIEF Europe watch. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/4/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 22, p16
This section offers news briefs regarding chemical industries in Europe. The privatization agency of Romania has sold its 69.66% stake in pigments and organic intermediates producer Colorom Codlea to local businessman Maor Zinger. Strike action at refineries in Belgium has been averted after oil...
- Most oem approvals of `Emkarate' lube. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/27/96, Vol. 198 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the popularity of ICI's Emkarate RL refrigeration lubricants among original equipment manufacturer.
- Polycell's `tick' ads seek to reclaim DIY roots for brand. // Campaign (UK);04/10/98, Issue 15, p6
States that Polycell is seeking to reclaim its position in the DIY market with television advertising, to promote its well-known `tick' logo. Value of the company's account; What the commercials will depict; Comments Gerry Moira, the Publicis executive creative director.
- Bill in euros or miss out, ICI tells suppliers. // Professional Engineering;02/11/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p7
Reports that ICI told suppliers to price goods in euros or risk losing their share of contracts annually. Value of the contract; Deadline given to suppliers; Views of ICI; Comments from Walter Hasselkus, chief executive of Rover Group.
- ...So does ICI. // Chemical Week;4/9/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 14, p40
Focuses on the agreement of Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI) to outsource its information technology (IT) and telecommunications services in Europe to IBM.
- ...brings in new management team. // Chemical Week;7/23/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 28, p6
Focuses on the executive management team formed by ICI company following its acquisition of Unilever company's specialty chemical business. How the management team is headed by Chief Executive Officer Charles Smith; Other executives comprising the team.
- ICI considers changes in the U.S. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;7/30/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 29, p16
Provides information on the corporate strategy of ICI. Possible result of ICI's acquisition from Unilever and divestitures in bulk chemicals; Appointment of a United States-based main board member; Pretax profit of ICI in the first-half of 1997.
- Bugs in the works--biology at ICI Billingham. Bungard, Stephen J. // Journal of Biological Education (Society of Biology);Winter92, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p252
Reports on the efforts of ICI Billingham in England to make products suited to an increasingly environmentally-conscious age, based on the exploitation of microorganisms, using biotechnology skills. Information on the various chemical products made by ICI; How some of the chemicals are made.
- ICI's brave decision to leave the past behind. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;11/9/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p25
Comments on the efforts of ICI to emphasize specialization in its chemicals business in Great Britain. Executives in charge of the company's shift towards specialization; Indications that the company's transformation from an old low-margin commodity chemicals business into a specialty producer...