Market is held back
- INDICATOR ADVANCES. Pearlman, Arnold // Chemical Week;1/4/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 1, p40
The article reports that the indicator for the chemical industry increased by 1.5% in December 2009.
- INDICATOR MOVES FORWARD. PEARLMAN, ARNOLD // Chemical Week;11/8/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 27, p48
The article looks at the economic indicators affecting the performance of the chemical industry in 2010.
- UPWARD TREND CONTINUES. PEARLMAN, ARNOLD // Chemical Week;1/31/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 3, p32
The article reports on the 1.9% increase of leading indicator for the chemical industry in January 2011.
- LEADING INDICATORS. Pearlman, Arnold // Chemical Week;5/30/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 22, p41
Offers a look at the leading indictor on the performance of chemical industry as of May 30, 2001. Output of chemical process industries; Overview on the overall economy; Employment for two consecutive months.
- leading indicator. Pearlman, Arnold // Chemical Week;5/29/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 22, p45
Reports on the decline of the leading indicator of the U.S. chemical industry in May 2002. Reason behind the decline; Status of chemical production in April 2002; Outlook on consumer spending to be the key to economic recovery.
- leading indicator. Pearlman, Arnold // Chemical Week;10/23/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 42, p63
Discusses the leading indicator for the U.S. chemical industry in September 2002. Chemical industry production; Comparison of leading indicator with August 2002 and September 2001; Rate of orders for construction materials and supplies.
- Leading indicator. Pearlman, Arnold // Chemical Week;1/22/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p33
Reports on the increase in the leading indicator for chemical industry in the United States in December 1996. Home construction as the driver for the indicator; New orders for household goods and construction materials; Decline in retail sales in November 1996.
- India eyes an upturn. Roberts, Michael // Chemical Week;9/17/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 35, p51
Provides information on the economic status of India. Industrial and chemical industry's growth for 1997 compared with 1995-1996; Status of chemicals in India; Pressures in the chemical industry in India; Effect of inflation on the country's chemical demand and industrial output.
- Leading indicator. PEARLMAN, ARNOLD // Chemical Week;1/27/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p41
Reports on the rise of the leading indicator for the chemical industry in December 1998. Decline in the production levels for the chemical industry; Problems faced by the chemical industry; Information on the earnings in the manufacturing sector.
- Leading Indicator. Pearlman, Arnold // Chemical Week;7/28/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 28, p32
Reports the decline in chemical industry's leading indicator due to weak housing market. Growth in new home spending for the second-quarter of 1999; Housing sectors that depend on steady flow of borrowed money and sensitive to changes of interest rates; Decline in freight car loadings.