5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- Pricing. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/01/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 12, p12
Presents an update on prices of three specialty chemicals in the last quarter of 2001. Increase in the price of ethyleneamine products offered by Dow Chemical Co. in Canada and the United States, effective October 2001; Increase in the price of 2-ethylhexanoic acid offered by Perstorp/Neste Oxo...
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;8/30/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 29, p44
This article explains that crude oil and feedstock prices eased last week, pulling down petrochemicals. U.S. ethylene spot prices plummeted to 44 cts/lb del the prior week, before edging back last week to 48 cts-49 cts/lb del for August and about 48.5 cts-49.5 cts/lb del for September...
- Pricing to the Letter. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;8/30/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 29, p5
This article explains that a letter warning of a price increase is a frequent item of correspondence for chemical customers in today's volatile feedstock environment. Dow Chemical's customers received a letter from CEO Andrew Liveris informing them of continued increases on most of Dow's...
- Dow Announces Further Price Increases. // China Chemical Reporter;7/6/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p18
The article reports that Dow Chemical Co. will raise the price of its products in China. It will have an additional 25% in July in an effort to offset the continuing relent less rise in the cost of energy and hydrocarbon feeds tocks. The company is also moving ahead with plans to temporarily...
- Price Adjustments. // JCT CoatingsTech;Aug2004, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p28
Presents an update on price adjustments of several chemical companies in the U.S. as of August 2004. Cytec Industries in West Paterson, New Jersey; The Dow Chemical Company in Midland, Michigan; Rohm and Haas Company in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- I Basic Chemical Price Watch. // Chemical Week;11/23/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 40, p28
The article presents an update on the prices of basic chemicals and plastics as of November 2005. BASF plans to raise prices of thermoplastic polyurethane resin, concentrate, and additives by 6 percent effective December 1, 2005. Bayer MaterialScience has announced price increases of 10-12...
- Dow increases price for propylene oxide. // Tribology & Lubrication Technology;Feb2004, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p69
Reports on a price increase for propylene oxide offered by Dow Chemical Co. in the U.S. Factors which drive the price increase.
- Suppliers Pick Up Prices Amid Higher Energy and Freight Costs. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;8/30/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 29, p41
This article states that higher energy, raw material, and transportation costs are the main reasons behind a spate of paper chemical price increases so far this summer. BASF, Dow Chemical, and Georgia-Pacific Resins each say that rising raw material costs are contributing to their price...
- INTERMEDIATES IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/13/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 21, p20
The article presents news briefs related to the chemical industry including decline in acrylonitrile (ACN) spot price, change in European maleic anhydride (MA) spot prices, and decline in European phenol contract price in June 2011.