Hydro gains NKr400m
- Hydro set to buy back shares. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;5/17/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2100, p9
Reports on the total shares approved to be repurchased by Norwegian energy, metals and petrochemical group Norsk Hydro as of May 17, 2004. Period of the repurchase; Overall cost of the repurchase; Total operating profits of Norsk Hydro from its petrochemical activities in the first quarter of 2004.
- Hydro Speeds Chemicals Restructuring, Calls for Fertilizer Cuts. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;7/28/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 28, p14
Details the plan of Norsk Hydro company to speed the restructuring of its chemical activities, including the sale of noncore businesses after its chemical division posted 1999 first-half losses. Decline in the income of the company; Purpose of closing some plants in Europe; Reason for the...
- Hydro considers full divestment. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;2/23/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2088, p9
Reports on the plan of Norsk Hydro ASA to sell its stake in fertilizer business Hydro Agri. Original plan of the company; Profits posted in the fourth quarter of 2003.
- Easy Flow purchase gives Hydro dÃ©jÃ vu. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;6/9/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2056, p7
Reports that Hydro Polymers has acquired the European Easy Flow vinyl compounding business it used to own from U.S.-based PolyOne in June 2003. Terms of the deal; Sales of the business in 2002.
- Hydro regroups agchems. N.A. // Chemical Week;6/21/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 24, p30
Reports on developments involving Norsk Hydro as of June 21, 1995. Products; Businesses; Capacities; Financial performance; Expectations.
- Norsk Hydo incurs Q3 losses. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;10/27/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2074, p9
Reports on the operating loss posted by Norsk Hydro from its petrochemical business in the third quarter of 2003. Amount of the operating loss reported; Information on the petrochemical business of the firm; Corporate profits of the company.
- Norsk Hydro fails to divest chemicals. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;8/1/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2158, p8
Reports on the failure of Norsk Hydro to divest its chemicals operations. Purpose of the company for investing in a chemical plant at Rafnes, Norway; Operating income posted by the company in the first half of 2005.
- Norsk unable to divest. Robinson, Simon; Ovrebekk, Hilde // Chemical Market Reporter;8/1/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 4, p10
Reports that Norsk Hydro has been unable to achieve reasonable terms in attempting to divest its chemicals operations. Plan to invest in a second plant at Rafnes, Norway, to make the company self-sufficient in chlorine; Operating profit for its polymers division.
- ...As third-quarter results weaken. // Chemical Week;10/28/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 40, p6
Looks at the 1998 third-quarter financial earnings of several chemical companies. Pretax profit and sales of ICI Corp.; Percentage sales increase of Ciba Specialty Chemicals Corp.; Operating loss of the fertilizer business of Norsk Hydro SA.