Kemira opts to dispose of specialty businesses
- Kemira to explore sale of TiO[sub 2] business. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Dec99, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p26
Reports on coatings firm Kemira Oyj's intention to explore a sale or joint-venture arrangement for its Kemira Pigments titanium dioxide business. Aim of the plan; Areas of focus.
- Kemira to sell off pigments and percarbonates. Bains, Elizabeth // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/4/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 22, p28
This article reports on the plan of Kemira to sell its pigments and sodium percarbonate operations in order to focus on its core activities. The Finnish chemical producer intends to concentrate on its pulp and paper, water, and coatings business areas. Its organic acid and acid derivatives...
- EUROPE: NEWS AND VIEWS. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;4/10/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 14, p11
The article presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe as of April 10, 2006. Ciech has signed a contract for the acquisition of stakes in Polish chemical companies Zaklady Chemiczne Organika-Sarzyna and Zaklady Chemiczne Zachem. Sales volumes for British polyetheretherketone...
- Kemira Buys Vulcan's North American Unit. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;5/21/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 19, p33
Reports on Kemira's agreement to purchase Vulcan Materials' pulp and paper chemicals and industrial water treatment chemicals businesses in North America. Amount involved in the transaction; Background on the businesses; Terms of the deal.
- Kemira/Tetra mull options. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;6/14/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2104, p7
Reports that Finnish chemicals group Kemira is assessing with U.S. Tetra Technologies ownership options for its calcium chloride business. Sales of Kemira and Tetra; Other options under discussion between the two firms; Business operation of Kemira.
- Kemira divests businesses. Tyler, Alan // European Chemical News;7/12/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2108, p28
Presents information on the sale of Kemira's chemical business in Finland to 3i in 2004. Price of the chemical business; Sales of Kemira in 2003; Plans of the company to sell its engineering business; Views of an analyst on acquisitions of fine chemical assets in the country.
- Kemira group profits up 35%. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;8/9/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2112, p9
Discusses statistics on operating profits of Finland-based Kemira. Reason behind the growth of Kemwater, a division of Kemira; Plan of Kemira to sell one of its division, Grow-How; Status of Kemira's industrial chemicals business.
- European Fine Chemicals Industry Expresses Renewed Optimism. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;5/17/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the emergence of fine chemicals companies from the worst of the downturn that has decreased sales and decimated profits throughout the industry in Europe. Expectations raised by the renewed optimism among some producers that the pace of mergers and acquisitions will accelerate;...
- Kemira to Increase Formic Acid Capacity. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;04/30/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 18, p8
Reports on the plan of Kemira company to expand its formic acid capacity in Europe. Investments of the company in line with its expansion plans; Purpose of the capacity expansion; Relocation of a closed nitric plant in the Netherlands to Belgium; Search for a partner in its nitrogen fertilizer...