5-MINUTE AMERICA'S WATCH
- Another $900m for Brazilian ethanol. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jun2010, Issue 828, p14
The article focuses on the decision of Brazil's national oil company Petrobras and the French sugar and cereals processing specialist Tereos to invest in first- and second-generation bioethanol in Brazil.
- Petrobras eyes up ethanol expansion. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;10/3/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2165, p14
Reports on the decision of oil and petrochemicals group Petrobras to expand its logistics network in Brazil. Expected amount to be invested by the firm for the construction of ethanol pipelines in SÃ£o Paulo; Possible amount of ethanol exports of Petrobras in 2007 and 2010; Partnership of the...
- Petrobras Contemplates Petrochemicals Reentry. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;9/22/99, Vol. 161 Issue 35, p20
Reports that Brazilian state oil company Petrobras will propose a revamped business plan that local executives expect will include a reentry into petrochemicals. Remarks from local observers regarding the move; Executives' expectation on Petrobras' petrochemical division, Petroquisa.
- Petrobras revives plans for Rio petrochemical complex. Salles, Flavio; Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;3/22/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 11, p24
Reports on Brazilian state-owned oil company Petrobras' revival of plans for the fourth petrochemical complex in Brazil. Scheduled completion of feasibility studies for a major project near Rio de Janeiro; Required investment for the complex; Brazilian government's planned privatization of the...
- MOST-READ. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/29/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 5, p7
The article offers information on the most popular topics that were published in this journal website including buyers and sellers of European polypropylene (PP) plans of Petrobras SA, an energy producer in Brazil and the performance of stocks in North American chemical companies.
- Brazzil Mag. // Brazzil Mag;5/1/2010, p1
The article reports on the developments in the ethanol industry in Brazil. Because of the heavy rains that caused ethanol supply problems between December 2009 and April 2010, the mix of gasoline and ethanol was changed for 90 days to 80% - 20%. On May 1, 2010, the government announced that...
- Brazil Energy Market Overview. // Brazil Oil & Gas Report;Q2 2011, Issue 2, p12
The article presents an overview of the energy market in Brazil in the second quarter of 2011. It says that Brazil is the 10th biggest energy consumer worldwide, the largest in Latin America and the third largest behind Canada and the U.S. in the Western Hemisphere. According to the author, a...
- Brazil's Petrobas to study central oil shale deposits. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/23/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p12
This article reports that Brazil's Petrobras has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Natural Resources Authority (NRA) for a feasibility study into the commercial viability of surface oil shale deposits in the Attarat umm Ghudran block. Depending on the results of the studies,...
- Brazil faces risk and opportunity. BERGER, HELLEN // ICIS Chemical Business;11/1/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 15, p28
The article provides information on the petrochemical industry of Brazil. Petroleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras) will be launching investments of dollars 224 billion from 2010-2014, mainly for unprecedented deepwater oil exploration programs. It further informs the opinion of Sao Paulo based market...