- Finding and Motivating New Industrial Workers. Shearer, John C. // Labor Law Journal;Aug69, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p515
This article focuses on the selection and motivation of industrial workers in the U.S. by highlighting the articles of M. Taylor (1969) and R. Neal (1969). The most intriguing aspect of Mr. McCormick's paper for me is that related to the company's difficulties in securing people, after initial...
- Build Your Workforce, 2013 Style. // Credit Union Magazine;Mar2013, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p66
The article offers information on the workforce recruiting trends from ERE.net for 2013 which includes referrals, live video interviewing, and retention and recruiting.
- To Build a Productive Team, Interview Effectively. Colter, Carolee // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Dec2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p27
Presents tips on job applicant interviewing. Description of the position realistically by describing a typical day; Avoidance of leading questions that practically beg for a certain answer; Application of behavioral interview questions . INSET: Behavioral Questions.
- U.S.-based Companies Rely on Local Talent. // Workforce (10928332);Sep99, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p28
States that the best way to establish international business is to hire local talents, according to the Management Recruiters International (MRI). Comments from MRI president Allen Salikof; Implication of such an approach.
- Plethora of flextime, other perks are tying HR chiefs up in knots. Costello, Mary Ann // AHA News;07/24/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 29, p8
Discusses the challenges faced by human resources management executives on recruiting employees amid competition and labor shortage in the United States. Report by the American Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration on workforce; Requirement for hospitals to enhance employee...
- In the hiring line. Welch, Jilly // People Management;6/26/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p29
Deals with the unpopularity of online hiring among human resources and recruitment professionals in Great Britain. Attributions to the trend; Benefits of the technology; Factors contributing to the slow progress of online recruitment. INSETS: HOW E-SAVVY IS YOUR FIRM?;A MATCH MADE ONLINE.
- UK Seafarers Decline. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Sep2000, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p13
This article reports on the findings of a research study, co-authored by David Glen and James McConville, which found out that the number of people earning their living as sailors in Great Britain is continuing to decline due to inadequate recruitment, which fails to exceed retirement rates. The...
- The worker shortage hits small firms. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // Business News New Jersey;08/09/99, Vol. 12 Issue 30, p36
Focuses on the strategies used by employers and staffing companies to address the shortage of qualified workers. Includes use of incentives; Innovative methods used by employment agencies for getting clients the workers they need; Factors driving labor shortage.
- recruiting, interviewing, and hiring. Schultz, Bob // Supervision;Mar2008, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p3
The article presents tips for business owners or managers on recruiting, interviewing and training employees. Recruiting, hiring, training and coaching a world-class team is a significant step in the right direction to increasing profitable revenue. The energy in the candidate's voice during the...