WHAT'S IN THE SMALL PRINT?
- 109th Session Judgment No. 2925. Gaudron, Mary G.; Barbagallo, Giuseppe; Hansen, Dolores M.; Comtet, Catherine // Judgments of the Administrative Tribunal of the ILO;7/1/2010, Issue 109, Special Section p1
The article discusses a court case wherein a complaint was filed against the European Patent Organisation (EPO) on August 18, 2008. The complainant, a Dutch national, joined EPO on September 1, 1997. He urged that Article 72 of the Service Regulations be changed so that the conditions for the...
- What about the workers? Boddy, Helen // Commercial Motor;10/22/2009, Vol. 210 Issue 5354, p26
The article discusses the responsibilities of an employer when a business fails or is sold off and the rights of employees in such a situation as governed by the Transfer of Undertakings Protection of Employment (TUPE) Regulations in Great Britain. It informs that the employees' employment...
- CONTINUITY EXHUMED. Gibbs, Bevan // New Zealand Management;Oct2001, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p60
Presents information on the Transfer Clause of the Employment Relations Bill in New Zealand which would affect the ability of employers to contract out. Broad definition of transfer; Potential implications for employers.
- Transfer of undertakings: defence rejected. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Dec1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1096, p62
Reports on a Great Britain-based case relating to unfair dismissal. 'Berriman v. Delabole Slate Ltd.' Transfer of undertakings.
- Arbitration agreement silent on class actions? Then, court says, they're not allowed. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Jun2012, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p3
The article discusses the court case Kinecta Alternative Financial Solutions v. Superior Court, et al., wherein an employee filed a class-action lawsuit against Kinecta, alleging that it violated California wage-and-hour laws by failing to pay overtime and by not allowing required breaks.
- TRIBUNAL ROUND-UP. // Employers Law;Sep2012, p6
This section offers news briefs on employment tribunal decisions on cases of workplace issues in Great Britain, including the cases Duckworth v. British Airways plc, Farrah v. Global Luggage Co. Ltd. and McCammon v. Gillingham.
- The XpertHR weekly podcastâ€¦. // Employers Law;Sep2012, p6
The article focuses on the latest tribunal rulings related to employment discussed online at www.xperthr.co.uk/podcast, which includes the decision in Duckworth v. British Airways plc.
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: Minnesota Employment Law;Nov2011, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p3
The article offers news briefs related to court cases in Minnesota which include the eligibility for unemployment compensation and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) complaint.
- ON THE RECORD. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/6/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p6A
The article offers news briefs on various issues in Indianapolis, Indiana including the right-to-work bill signed by Governor Mitch Daniels, the plan of the state House of Representatives to give an additional financial aid to the victims of stage collapse at the Indiana State Fair, and the...