Shears fights 'change fatigue.'
- Implementing change in a correctional setting. Brown, Stanley D. // Corrections Today;Jul96, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p124
Presents principles correctional managers can follow when faced with organizational changes. Includes ways to market a new policy or procedure; Considering suggestions from others; Implementing new policy or procedure with activities that can be accomplished quickly and successfully; Monitoring...
- Plummeting Budgets, New Agendas and the APEX Model. Carroll, Sherry // Corrections Today;Apr2011, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p98
The article discusses the Achieving Performance Excellence (APEX) model, which was developed as an approach for handling system-wide problems in correctional facilities. The model, developed through a collaboration between the National Institute of Corrections (NIC) and consulting firm Justice...
- Oops! // Grand Saline Sun (TX);3/15/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 11, p8
A correction to the name of the woman appointed by Jay Rohus to the Planning & Zoning Commission for Grand Saline, Texas is presented.
- Photo Credits. Morin, Isobel V. // Women Chosen for Public Office;1995, p160
This section acknowledges photograph contributions on women appointed for U.S. public office.
- "Woman's Proper Place is Everywhere": Margaret Chase Smith and Formative Leadership. Hayes, Lindsay F. // Conference Proceedings -- National Communication Association Nat;2005, p126
An abstract of the paper "Woman's Proper Place is Everywhere: Margaret Chase Smith and Formative Leadership," by Lindsay F. Hayes, which was presented at the National Doctoral Honors Seminar organized by the National Communication Association from July 25-28, 2005 at the University of Oklahoma...
- Luncheon to focus on area elected women. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);8/14/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p1
The article offers information on the 5th Annual Louise Daniel Women's History Luncheon and Women's Equality Day Celebration on August 22, 2014 at the Great Hall of Polk Street United Methodist Church in Amarillo, Texas.
- Animal Instinct. // India Today;1/30/2012, p12
The article presents criticisms of Uttar Pradesh, India Chief Minister Mayawati.
- Beverley Shears takes the reins. // Personnel Today;6/15/2004, p1
This article presents information on the June 15, 2004 issue of the periodical "Personnel Today." For the first time the periodical have a guest editor, Beverley Shears, who is human resource (HR) director at South West Trains as well as the company's deputy managing director. A force in HR,...
- What works in prison management: Effects of administrative change in New Zealand. Newbold, Greg // Federal Probation;Dec92, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p53
Examines the relationship between administrative action and the reaction of inmates subculture as a means to understand stable prison government in the United States. Using the New Zealand maximum security prison as a case example; Application of lessons learned from New Zealand prisons to US...