Prepare now for big rise in 'green' jobs
- Good news for engineering graduates. // Design Engineering;Jul2001, p9
Reports on a study by the Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) showing that engineering graduates can look forward to good jobs with rewarding salaries. How engineering graduates are among those most likely to find permanent employment on leaving university; Study of the...
- Consultation on vocational reform. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;3/11/2013, Issue 69, p1
The article offers information on the effort of the British government towards the issues concerning future of vocational qualifications in the country. As mentioned, the government launched a consultation on the issue as according to government officials there are too many qualifications and...
- Have a rant… Marketing of national and vocational qualifications. // Personnel Today;4/10/2007, p15
The article comments on the promotion of the national and vocational qualifications (NVQs) by the British Department of Trade and Industry and the Learning and Skills Council as "free training." It is stated that the NVQs are not free and are funded by the tax generated from businesses. As...
- DTI tackles bogus self-employment. Pearman, Ross // Contract Journal;8/7/2002, Vol. 414 Issue 6389, p4
Reports on the consultation documents issued by the British Department of Trade and Industry and the European Federation of Building and Wood Workers (EFBWW) to industry bodies and trade unions to discuss bogus self-employment in Great Britain as of August 7, 2002. Expectation of unions on the...
- Short shrift. Allan, Anna // People Management;02/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p31
Looks at the consultation document released by Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry regarding part-time work. Number of people who work part-time; Status of part-time work; Benefits of part-time employment; Disappointing features of the consultation document.
- Over-65s get the right to claim for unfair dismissal. // Personnel Today;9/3/2002, p2
Focuses on the rights of workers over 65 years old to claim for unfair dismissal payments in Great Britain. Decision of an employment tribunal on the case of employees who suffered indirect sexual discrimination; Benefit of the ruling on people working beyond retirement age; Consideration of...
- DTI puts HR at heart of productivity strategy. Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;9/30/2003, p8
The article reports that for the first time, the British Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has explained exactly what it believes Great Britain employers need to do to make Great Britain more competitive. More effective people management and greater workplace partnership have been...
- EAT to rule on older staff rights. // Personnel Today;2/18/2003, p4
Discusses Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry's (DTI) appeal against a tribunal ruling giving employment rights to aged workers. Benefits provided to older workers due to the tribunal's decision; Duration for hearing of DTI's appeal.
- Prospects bright for graduate engineers. // Professional Engineering;06/27/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p13
Discusses the report 'Research into First Destination of 2000 Graduates,' released by the British Department of Trade and Industry and Barclays Bank PLC. Employment prospects for engineering graduates; Salary range for new engineers.