Turning Up the Volume
- Golf bobbles Dick's comps. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/19/2014, pA02
The sporting goods store's Q3 EPS rose 2.5% to 41 cents and sales climbed 9% to $1.5 bil, both in line with views. Same-store sales were up 1.1% but comps were down 8.9% at its Golf Galaxy stores.
- 2010 YEAR IN REVIEW. // SGB;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p14
The article information on different deals and other activities in the sporting goods and sportswear industry during 2010. Major chains in the industry which postponed their merger and expansion plans during recession, are now looking for new deals. Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. is opening 34...
- 2010: RETAIL TOP 100. // SGB;Oct/Nov2010, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p16
The article presents information on the top 100 leading sporting goods companies in the U.S., ranked by this journal. The sale figures and total number of stores of Wal-Mart Stores Inc., in 2009 are given. Information related to sales, number of stores, number of employees, and other inside...
- SGB 2015 RETAIL TOP 100. // SGB;2015 Pre-Show Issue, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p46
The article presents the profiles of the "SGB" magazine's top 100 sporting goods retailers in the U.S. for 2014 including Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Dick's Sporting Goods Inc., and Target Corp. Information about their total 2013-2014 sales, number of stores, number of store openings and closures, and...
- Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // Dicks Sporting Goods, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Sep2013, p1
A company profile of full-line sporting goods retailer Dick's Sporting Goods Inc., which is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. A business analysis is...
- Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // Dicks Sporting Goods, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Apr2014, p1
A business analysis of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. (DSG), a company that provides sports apparel and equipment, is provided, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths include secure support services. Weaknesses include the...
- Going all out. // Commercial Construction & Renovation;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p14
The article focuses on offerings of the new Chelsea Collective activewear chain of Dick's Sporting Goods as it enters the athleisure market in its Fairfax County, Virginia and Pittsburgh stores including free alterations of workout wear, ballet barres and treadmills and the Girlfriend Lounge.
- Dick's tops despite challenges. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/20/2013, pA02
The sporting goods stores said Q3 EPS was flat at 40 cents, beating views by a penny. Revenue rose 7% to $1.4 bil, above views for $1.37 bil. Same-store sales rose 3.3% after being adjusted for the shifted calendar, due to a 53rd week in '12.
- Field & Stream to open store. WELCH, SHERRI // Crain's Detroit Business;7/21/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p0003
The article offers information on the opening of Field & Stream store owned by sporting goods retailer Dick's Sporting Goods at Oakland Mall in Troy, Michigan in March 2014. Topics discussed include the investment in the store, products offered, and the increase of outdoor gear retailers in the...