Parsons: Cable Is TW's Growth Engine
- In 'Reset Year,' Time Warner TV Fortunes Sag. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/2/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the operational status of Time Warner's TV network and cable-system divisions in the U.S. in 2003. Remarks from Time Warner Chairman Richard Parsons on the company's performance in 2003; Factors responsible for the divisions' slack growth during the fourth quarter; Views of media...
- Parsons plugs cable plans to Wall Street. McClintock, Pamela; Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;3/2/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 46, p1
The article reports that Time Warner Inc. head Richard Parsons has assured investors that they needn't be skittish about the company's avid hunt to buy up additional cable systems--Adelphia Inc. Some analysts took Parsons' confidence as a sign that Time Warner believes it can win the day....
- A Man Who Loves Cable. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p25
Focuses on a statement issued by Richard Parsons, CEO of Time Warner, on the the effort of the company to improve its business in the broadcasting industry, during the Bear & Co. Media Conference in Palm Beach, Florida on March 1, 2005. Bid price of Time Warner with Comcast Corp. for the...
- India's Zee TV to expand U.S. presence. Mathur, Arti // Variety;03/08/99, Vol. 374 Issue 3, p57
Discloses negotiations between India's Zee TV and Time Warner for the carriage of the Indian network's programming on cable television in the United States. Terms of the deal; Zee's plans for entering Australia and Europe.
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...
- Looking for a Prediction? I'll Give You Ten of Them. Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p18
Comments on the possible improvement of cable television broadcasting. Plan of the National Football League for a cable option for football games; Advances in cable television receivers and recorders.