NEW TARGET FOR VIACOM AS SHARES RISE
- Cable Attracting New Money. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/21/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p26
The article reports that some new players are beginning to invest heavily in cable television companies in the U.S., according to May 15, 2007 filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Charts showing cable television stocks purchased and sold by institutional mutual funds in the first...
- Viacom Contracts Outstanding Shares. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the decision of Viacom Inc. to cut the number of shares outstanding for its cable television and film businesses. Remarks from Robert Willens, a tax expert at Lehman Brothers, on the shares format of Viacom; Effect of the split-off on equity capitalization of surviving partners in...
- BUSINESS & FINANCE. // CableFAX Daily;12/13/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 240, p3
The article presents an update on the cable television industry as of December 2005. Scripps has posted an increase of 21% in revenue at its networks' division in November. The board of Viacom has approved a stock purchase program that allows the post-separation Viacom to acquire class A and...
- Breaking up big media won't ensure success. Mermigas, Diane // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/6/2005, Vol. 392 Issue 6, p8
This article reports that the new Viacom Inc., whose core holdings are MTV cable and broadband networks and Paramount Pictures film studios, and CBS Corp., whose key holdings include the CBS and UPN broadcast networks, Paramount Television production division, radio stations and outdoor...
- Cabler spikes up its image. Haldeman, Allan; Larson, Jess // Daily Variety;6/12/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 47, p47
Highlights the rechristening party for Viacom Inc.'s male cabler at the Playboy Mansion. Appearance of rapper Busta Rhymes; Performance of Carmen Electra; List of revelers.
- CableFAX Daily Stockwatch. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p4
A tabular representation of the stock performance of cable television companies in the U.S. as of September 21, 2005 is presented.
- CableFAX Daily Stockwatch. // CableFAX Daily;4/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 70, p5
Presents a chart that lists the stock market performance of companies in the U.S. cable television industry as of April 10, 2006, including British Sky, Cablevision and AT&T.
- CableFAX Daily Stockwatch. // CableFAX Daily;11/15/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 222, p3
A chart is presented that lists the stock performance of several cable television companies in the U.S. on November 14, 2005.
- CableFAX Daily Stockwatch. // CableFAX Daily;11/18/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 225, p3
A chart is presented that lists the stock performance of cable television companies in the U.S. on November 17, 2005.