Advertisers Are Integral
- Germany: CATHERINE MUEHLE-MANN. Roxborough, Scott // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/1/2005 especial issue, Vol. 392 Issue 7, p150
The article profiles Catherine Muehlemann, general manager, MTV Central and Emerging Markets. The Swiss-born executive, who heads up Viacom's family of channels in German-speaking Europe, has taken on one 800-pound gorilla after another in her career--and she has beaten them all. First, it was...
- Moving Up Reaching Down. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p28
The article reports on the increase in the number of women executive in the cable industry in the U.S. Female cable presidents and development executives are leading individual networks that speak to a wide range of audiences and many are achieving ratings successes with some of the most unique...
- A Giant Play. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;2/11/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p5
The article reports that Turner Entertainment Sales and Marketing, which manages advertising inventory for cable television networks TNT and TBS, plans to be very aggressive at the 2008 upfronts. The strategy, devised by Linda Yaccarino, will involve a resetting of priorities and pricing for ads...
- Turner Entertainment's Network Operations Center. Tarasoff, Ron // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2003, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p54
Features the transmission operations center of Turner Entertainment Network. Design and construction of television broadcasting facility; Control room divisions for 16 television network feeds; Equipments and personnel; Broadcasting of live events from the operations center.
- Too long. // Broadcasting & Cable;08/03/98, Vol. 128 Issue 32, p66
Editorial. Deals with the involvement of women in management positions in the television industry. Growth in the number of women in important positions; How to guarantee opportunities.
- Spotlight. Demenchuk, Michael // Multichannel News;11/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p18
Features Linda Yaccarino, executive vice president at Turner Entertainment Sales and Marketing. Challenges in selling the TV program "Sex and the City," to TBS Superstation; Significance of the deal to TBS; Family life of Yaccarino.
- AIREY AIRS EXIT PLAN. Johnson, Debra // Daily Variety;9/25/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 81, p8
Reports on the resignation of Channel 5 chief executive officer Dawn Airey from the commercial television network to work at pay television broadcaster British Sky Broadcasting. Duties and responsibilities; Meeting with RTL chief Didier Bellens to discuss the exit; Goal of launching a channel...
- Dawn of a New Network. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/21/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 33, p3
The article presents an interview with Dawn Ostroff, president of entertainment for The CW network, on the marketing challenges facing the network. Ostroff talks about the goal of The CW network. She tells her worries and concerns regarding the launching of the broadcast network and its shows....
- Music TV channel The Box launches new idents. Gosling, Emily // Design Week (Online Edition);10/25/2013, p4
The article reports that the music television channel The Box is launching a new on-screen identity. The new logo uses a black and white colour palette, aiming to enhance the energising and inviting tone of the new identity. Melissa Pine, marketing director of parent brand Box TV says that the...