Networks Get Busy in a Crowded Market
- Oakland Will Solicit Possible Overbuilds. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;05/15/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p30
Announces that the city officials of Oakland, California, is encouraging more cable television operators to compete in the city. Effort to lure RCN Corp. or Seren Innovations Inc.; Plans of AT&T Broadband to upgrade its system in Oakland; Prospect of greater competition to extract greater...
- HOT SPOTS. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/24/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p24
Highlights several developments in the U.S. television broadcasting industry as of February 24, 2003. Information on several broadcasting campaigns being carried out in the month; Highlights of main accounts procured by advertising agencies; Activities being done by Cabletelevision Advertising...
- Call 'Em the May 'Squeaks' Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;4/21/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 16, p1
Focuses on the competition among several cable television networks to target adult audience ranging in the age group of 18-49 in the United States. Statistics related to performance and ratings of several cable television networks; Decline in the viewership of cable television network NBC;...
- Oz networks maneuver for upcoming season. Groves, Don // Variety;11/22/2004, Vol. 397 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the rivalry between Seven, Nine and Ten web networks in Australia. Apology spoken by Seven chairman Kerry Strokes for the anticipated decline in ratings; Stance of Nine programming director Michael Healy on the issue; Television programs which will be shown by Ten in 2005.
- LATV Makes Leap to National Stage. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p42
Reports on the launch of LATV, a programming service for young Latinos, as a 24-hour, satellite-delivered cable network service in the U.S. in December 2003. Description of its programs; Number of viewers reached by LATV; Competitors.
- Selling to Operators: The New World Order. Bellville, Maggie // CableFAX Daily;1/4/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p4
Deals with the competition among cable television operators. Characteristics of a good television programmers; Importance of affiliate relations for competition; Suggestions for television programmers who will market their programs to operators.
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;1/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the competition among cable television firms in the U.S. as of January 2006. Launch of FiOS TV by Verizon in several communities in Texas; Comment from AT&T executive Denise Koenig regarding the company's video service launch in San Antonio, Texas; Selection of Norfolk, Virginia as...
- The Battle for Rates. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;6/2/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p8
Presents information on the competition between multiple cable system operators and television service providers in the U.S. Plan of multiple cable system operators to attract subscribers; Details on the negotiation of the contract of Fox News Channel with its cable system operators; Details on...
- The News Triangle. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/31/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 30, p13
This article reports on the competition between cable television networks in North Carolina in attracting audience through its expanded news products and advanced digital offerings. Stations WRAL and WRAZ offers news in high-definition and programming on digital channels. WNCN has opened a new...