Competition: In the Cards
- Maximizing revenue opportunity in the metro. Ozveren, Cuneyt // CED;Mar2004, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p46
Focuses on revenue opportunity for cable television operators in fiber optic technology in the U.S. Importance of integrated, intelligent and application-aware architecture; Bandwidth capacity of optical access technologies.
- Discovery Channel offers content over broadband. Webdale, Jonathan // New Media Age;2/12/2004, p4
Reports on the launch of the Discovery Broadband subscription service by Discovery Channel in Great Britain. Television stations that have broadband subscription service; Subscription fee for the Discovery video clips offered by the commercial television network; Rationale behind the broadband...
- All that glistens. Molony, David; Turner, Lorraine // Total Telecom Magazine;Jul2006, p18
The article discusses the prospect of bringing Internet protocol television (TV) and mobile TV to the forefront of data service by banking on world sport tournaments. European operators is eyeing the FIFA World Cup for this goal. This TV strategy gained popularity since the World Cup was...
- A broader vision. Lunden, Ingrid // Total Telecom Magazine;Sep2007, p25
The article deals with the decision of telecommunication operators to offer Internet protocol television (IPTV) content to boost their broadband services. Some service providers are coming up with interactive and on-demand services to target specific audiences. In France, broadband providers are...
- THE BIGGEST DEALS IN CABLE. Patterson, Traci Leann // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p16
The article offers news briefs related to broadband and advertising services, and several cable television industry. J:Com, VidÃ©otron Ltd. and Comcast Corp. have started to utilize DOCSIS 3.0-powered broadband services. Meanwhile, targeted advertisements in television sets have started to...
- CED InDepth 2003 Timeline. // CED;Jan2004, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p50
Presents a calendar of events in the cable and broadband technology in 2003.
- OTT Broadcasting: The Next "Once-In-A-Lifetime" Opportunity? Holmes, Mark // VIA Satellite;4/1/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p5
The article offers information on over-the-top (OTT) broadcasting system. It states that the market for OTT broadcasting is growing. It also states that satellite operators can widen their services with the help of OTT broadcasting. They can offer video on demand and catch-up services to the...
- What prevents cable TV from taking off in Brazil? Reis // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Summer99, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p399
Probes the reason preventing cable television from taking off in Brazil. Pervasiveness of broadcast television in Brazil; Discussion of telecommunications policies; Overview of Brazilian broadcast TV's programming; Brazilian's reluctance to adopt emerging technologies.
- SAMPLING OF TECH TERMS FROM EMERGING TECH '04. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p36
Discusses technology terms from the 2004 Emerging Technologies conference of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers in the U.S. All-digital cable network; Midsplit cable bandwidth; Advanced Television Systems Committee Cable Applications Platform.