Building TV Brands Without Borders
- CABLERS, SATCASTERS RAMP UP. Kan, Wendy // Variety;6/23/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 6, p21
Reports on the increased penetration and healthy revenues of cable and satellite industry in Asia in 2003. Subscriber base of I-Cable Communications; Cable operations of Television Broadcasts; Landing rights awarded to MTV Networks in China.
- S'pore fare struggles in export test. Shuk Wa, Tsang // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/3/2003, p20
Television broadcasting company MTV Networks Inc.'s foray into drama production in Singapore has turned the spotlight on the city's expanding production capabilities. In partnership with local production house, Mega Media, MTV plans to produce a 14-episode drama series at a cost of S $2 million....
- MTV turning up volume on programming. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;4/7/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 1, p10
Reports that cable television network MTV Networks has expanded its programming. Television programs to be produced and launched by the network in 2003; Titles of programs.
- MTVN Is a Little of a Lot of Things. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/12/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 19, p23
Focuses on the popularity of television programs of MTV Networks (MTVN). Average monthly ratings of its programs; Information on the serials telecast by the company; Ratings of adult programs telecast by MTVN.
- Smith plays the Base. Masson, Gordon // Variety;4/25/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 10, p72
Reports on the launch of the MTV Base channel produced by MTV Networks Africa at the Ster Kinekor Top Star drive-in movie theater in Africa on April 20, 2005. Importance of the television channel to African youth; Contribution of MTV Base to the efforts of the company to campaign for safe sex;...
- Nick pumps up toon sked. Thielman, Sam // Daily Variety;3/11/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 49, p5
The article reports on the new additions to the animated television programs of Nickelodeon which include "Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness," on its morning schedule, "Friends," on Nick at Nite, and "The 90s Are All That" on its TeenNick nighttime schedule.
- French outlets Canal J, Tiji will play with Nick blocks. Masters, Charles // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/8/2002, Vol. 375 Issue 27, p100
Reports that broadcasting company MTV Networks will launch a Nicktoons branded block for leading French kids channel Canal J, and a Nick Jr. block on Canal J's sister preschool channel Tiji. Other shows that will be broadcast during the branded blocks; Number of Canal J subscribers in France;...
- NICK'S SOUTHERN STAR. O'Boyle, Michael // Variety;12/18/2006, Vol. 405 Issue 5, p33
The article reports on the growth of the Latin American branch of the children's broadcasting network, Nickelodeon. The television channel, a subsidiary of the MTV Network, reaches approximately 50 million households in Latin America, either as a separate network or through blocks of programming...
- Nick getting 'Lalaloopsy'. Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;2/12/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 26, p16
The article reports that Nickelodeon will be airing 52 episodes of animated preschool series "Lalaloopsy" in spring 2013.