Hindery Bags Sportsman Channel
- Outdoor, Kroenke Snare Sportsman. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;11/10/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 42, p3
The article reports that Kroenke Sports & Entertainment has agreed to acquire Intermedia Outdoors, parent company of Sportsman Channel. Topics discussed include the terms of the deal and the arrangement's impact on Kroenke's leadership in the outdoor lifestyle media. The sports properties owned...
- Cable's Wild Ride. Levine, Shira // America's Network;Aug99 Supplement, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p22
Discusses information on cable network mergers. Consolidation activities of various companies; Background on the cable industry; Technology developments in the cable industry.
- Telemundo already orbiting Sony. Katz, Richard // Variety;06/22/98, Vol. 371 Issue 7, p28
Reports that although the FCC company has yet to approve Sony/Liberty Media buyout of Telemundo Group Incorporated, it has demonstrated plenty of Sony Corporation's influence during its upfront presentation to advertisers. Competition between Telemundo and Univision; Comment from Roland...
- Viacom Outlets Merge Offices, Mull Staff Cuts. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;7/1/2002-7/8/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p9
Reports on the merging of the offices of KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV in fall 2002. Information on the plan of the management to cut some positions; Details of the staff shuffling at the television stations; Benefits from the consolidation of the television stations.
- NBC won't give Bravo rerun-around. Dempsey, John // Variety;1/20/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 9, p29
Focuses on the acquisition of Bravo channel by NBC in January 2003. Budget for the programming of Bravo; Challenges faced by Bravo; Audience share of Bravo.
- Competition office gives go-ahead for digital platform merger plans . Kocinska, Anna // Warsaw Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p4
Reports the merger plans of top two digital platforms, Wizja TV and Cyfra in Poland. Approval from the Office for Competition and Consumer Protection; Benefits of the merger to the subscribers; Announcement of the latest programming for the merged platform from the two television services.
- New year to see launch of new satellite/cable channels. Kocinska, Anna // Warsaw Business Journal;1/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p7
Reports the launching of satellite and cable television channels in Poland. Acquisition of RTL 7 by ITI Holdings; Plans of TV Puls to increase its technical reach; Merger of Cyfra+ and Wizja TV digital platform.
- Two direct TV companies join. L.C. // High Yield Report;01/17/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p3
Reports on DirectTV television services provider Pegasus Communications Corp.'s acquisition of Golden Sky Holdings.
- Tech briefs. // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p16
Reports the acquisition of Digital Furnace Corp. by Broadcom Corp. and global updates in the television broadcasting industry.